Most Underrated Teams in Each Conference (Big Ten: Minnesota)

Kinda like the "comeback player of the year" in MLB.

You have to be average or below to get considered.

Nice try, Failtime. What it means is that these teams are perceived as "average" but they are better.

That's because they actually do real analysis, unlike most other sources.
Take a drink for every time the Gophers get picked to finish 5th in the West this fall. Because Wisconsin and Iowa of course, Nebraska's gonna turn it around this year, Northwestern's been feisty, and Purdue and Illinois...those guys suck! So Minnesota is 5th.

That seems to be the annual analysis.

Nice try, Failtime. What it means is that these teams are perceived as "average" but they are better.
Reread what I posted, because you stated the EXACT same thing as I said.

You don't become "underrated" by being "elite".

Reread what I posted, because you stated the EXACT same thing as I said.

You don't become "underrated" by being "elite".

You said that you have to be average or below to be considered.

Maybe you need to reread your own post.

OSU is top 3-4 in their conference every year
In the Big 12, that's like being the tallest midget.

You have Oklahoma at the top and then you have teams like Texas, OSU, TCU, and now ISU that have a good year on occasion. Not too hard to get to 10 wins every few years.

To break it down further... it's having under utilized talent and average coaching.

In the Big 12, that's like being the tallest midget.

You have Oklahoma at the top and then you have teams like Texas, OSU, TCU, and now ISU that have a good year on occasion. Not too hard to get to 10 wins every few years.

To break it down further... it's having under utilized talent and average coaching.
Okay. But it contradicts what you said.

oklahoma state was top 20 last year. They were not “average or below average.”

Huh? The Comeback Player of the Year is usually a "great" player who returned from some sort of setback, injury, or illness out of their control. It is almost never an average or below average player.

Here are some Comeback Player Of The Year winners (most have won an MVP or Cy Young, some are in the Hall of Fame, none are average or below average):

Mariano Rivera
Ken Griffey Jr
Jim Thome
Nomar Garciaparra
Jason Giambi
Lance Berkman
Prince Fielder
David Price
Chris Carpenter
Josh Donaldson
Buster Posey

I know it is a down time for fans but do not get your shorts in a bundle over any preseason estimates of the future.

Top Bottom