More on Elliott Eliason

I've been away for a while but I'm back. You've seemingly always gone out of your way to take shots at me when I post things (Mostly off topic) but that doesn't stop me from giving credit where credit is due. Good piece.

A couple thoughts on Eliason.....

* Lanky 6'11" guys need time to develop and Minnesota is the place to do it with our depth. Hopefully after a red shirt season he'll watch and practice for a year, then get his feet wet as a R-Soph at which time he'll be ready to roll as a R-Soph as a legit 7'0" with 2 years of practice against RS3 and 45 + the guidance of Tubby.

* Playing the race card here I think Minnesota being a cold, white, Midwestern city might have HELPED in this case. Just speculation but perhaps Mpls is an easier adjustment for a white kid from Chadron, Nebraska than California or wherever? I thought the same thing when 45 committed as well.

Nice follow up piece, I like that you got ahold of some people at the local level for this.

You've seemingly always gone out of your way to take shots at me when I post things (Mostly off topic)

Only where it is due ;)

Just kidding. If I did it was nothing personal.

Interesting that the kid likes to write. Somewhere Mark Titus is shaking.

* Playing the race card here I think Minnesota being a cold, white, Midwestern city might have HELPED in this case. Just speculation but perhaps Mpls is an easier adjustment for a white kid from Chadron, Nebraska than California or wherever?

Compared to Lincoln or Omaha? Palo Alto is pretty damn white too.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that race had NOTHING to do with his decision.

Palo Alto is certainly a white town. That said, the socio-economic breakdown of Palo Alto is nothing like NE. Outside of students..you need to be rolling in dough to live in Palo Alto.

Agreed about race...Nothing to due with his decision if you ask me. That said, MN is much more like home than Palo Alto.

Yeah, I got a little lost with that post. Not race, culture.

Where did that come from? Should I expect the Tubby's going to leave Minnesota because it is too cold conversations to begin again? Unbelievable, I do give you some credit in claiming that your assumption was based on racial stereotypes. No one has yet to own up to it in the Minnesota being too cold for Tubby discussion.

I can't cite statistics but I don't think Minneapolis is significantly more 'white' then a lot of similar Midwestern cities. I doubt it had anything to do with it. Just say he wanted to stay close to home. I get your point.

As for the 'too cold' thing, the only people who think Minnesota is 'too cold' to live in, recruit to, etc. are people who have never been there during the winter and who's only knowledge of it is from watching a Die-hard battery commercial.

Minneapolis is probably one of the most diverse cities in the nation, let alone the midwest. Large pockets of Somali, Hmong, and Native American cultures make the diversity more unique.

Even if Minneapolis isn't as diverse as some big cities (and it may be, who wants to dig through census date on a Friday afternoon) it is absolutely nothing like a town of a few thousand a few hundred miles from the interstate in middle of nowhere Nebraska.

Top Bottom