More Mo, please!

RememberMurray

Reaction score
This guy is a S-T-U-D!

It must be demoralizing to be on defense while he tramples you, and runs the clock.

This guy is a S-T-U-D!

It must be demoralizing to be on defense while he tramples you, and runs the clock.

More? How many more carries can he have? He had 30 carries on 64 offensive plays...he individually ran the ball more than the Gophers threw it.

He has been fantastic though

I'm good with 30 carries.

Lets hope the Mo show continues!

They are already running Mo into the ground, personally I'd like to see more Potts and Wiley and Bryce Williams to keep Mo rested and healthy.

Silly. Give it to him 50x game if he's effective and wants the ball. This "rest him" crowd does not know football or our personnel.

There was a (in my opinion) key play in the second half.

Fourth quarter, we're well ahead, but we decide to throw the deep ball to Bateman — which is intercepted — and Illinois roars back and scores a very quick TD.

Bearing in mind our defensive ineptitude from last week — and needing to control the football — Fleck puts Mo in on the kickoff return team.

Mo fields the ball on the kickoff, and returns it adroitly to near midfield.

Gophers subsequently score with a short field. Game (essentially) over.

More Mo, please.

If you have Earl Campbell, or Barry Sanders, or Jonathan Taylor... give... them... the... ball.

Not sure how it compares to Mo's pace but Cobb averaged 24 carries a game his senior year. That seemed like a lot at the time.

Silly. Give it to him 50x game if he's effective and wants the ball. This "rest him" crowd does not know football or our personnel.
Or maybe they know it and they would prefer him to stay healthy enough to make a few buck off his talent? There’s really no reason to have him running the ball in the last quarter.

They are already running Mo into the ground, personally I'd like to see more Potts and Wiley and Bryce Williams to keep Mo rested and healthy.

They're only playing 8 games this year. Plus, Mo has the potential to have a special season for great NFL exposure. Great college backs get a lot of carries. I'm fine with it.

Fourth quarter, we're well ahead, but we decide to throw the deep ball to Bateman — which is intercepted — and Illinois roars back and scores a very quick TD.

Bearing in mind our defensive ineptitude from last week — and needing to control the football — Fleck puts Mo in on the kickoff return team.

More Mo, please.

If you have Earl Campbell, or Barry Sanders, or Jonathan Taylor... give... them... the... ball.

They definitely got greedy on the deep shot to Bateman late. Little bit of an overcorrection from the ultra conservative play calling late against Maryland.

Not sure Mo quite fits in the company of the guys you mentioned at the end but he is off to an amazing start this season. Would love to see them keep the carries around where they were today or maybe even a little less just to take some of the wear and tear off. Still, was super excited to see how Mo would do this season and he has not disappointed. Reminds me a ton of MB3, doesn't have the breakaway speed but is just a really really good all around running back.

One of the play by play announcers (first game?) compared Mo loosely to Emmit Smith. I thought that seemed fair.

Mo has as many yards (571) and more TDs (10), than the next two leading Big Ten RBs combined (571, 6).

More Mo, please.

The deep pass to Bateman was a great call, frankly. We had just got the ball back, and wanted to put a spear through their hearts.

If Morgan releases the ball even a hair earlier, it's a TD. Should've been an incomplete. Instead, whoopy doo, it was basically a punt. Defense has to be able to stop them.

Sorry RM, but put me in the crowd saying that we're grinding Mo into the ground and that is not a good thing. We're going to need to be able to jump on his back to win vs Iowa, NW, and Wisc. Not to mention Purdon't and the corndicks.

Hope Potts just rolled an ankle. But Wiley ran like his hair was on fire. My hat's off to that young man ... I was ready to write him off at the position of RB and advocate he move to slot receiver. Not so fast!

Sorry RM, but put me in the crowd saying that we're grinding Mo into the ground and that is not a good thing. We're going to need to be able to jump on his back to win vs Iowa, NW, and Wisc. Not to mention Purdon't and the corndicks.

Hope Potts just rolled an ankle. But Wiley ran like his hair was on fire. My hat's off to that young man ... I was ready to write him off at the position of RB and advocate he move to slot receiver. Not so fast!
Potts still clearly seems like a higher ceiling RB than Wiley, so I really hope he's OK. Wiley was perfect near the end of the game as a grinder. He's big and physical, so those extremely fatigued Illini defenders were having a tough time getting him on the ground. He still runs too upright for my liking and seems to lack that "wiggle" you look for, but I'm happy he seems capable. Personally, if Williamson or Thomas is the real deal, I'd love to see Wiley on defense.

Was Bryce Williams even dressed? I didn’t see him on the sideline.

The deep pass to Bateman was a great call, frankly. We had just got the ball back, and wanted to put a spear through their hearts.

If Morgan releases the ball even a hair earlier, it's a TD. Should've been an incomplete. Instead, whoopy doo, it was basically a punt. Defense has to be able to stop them.

Two points:

1) If it was "basically a punt", it was a punt on first down... and the offense ran only 9 seconds off the clock while holding a big lead — the week after our defense blew a 17-point fourth quarter lead.

2) Regarding the part about "Defense has to be able to stop them.": Up until that point in the season, that simply had not happened. Not to repeat myself, but they had blown a huge lead at Maryland.

That being said, I was greatly relieved to see the improved play of the defense yesterday. And I get what you're saying about it being a great call; truth be told, if it had worked I'd obviously be ecstatic about the play selection.

We haven't seen anyone other than Potts and Wiley behind Mo this year, so far.
So is Bryce 4th string this year at this point? Also, I live out of state so maybe I don't get to see the latest COVID updates. Do other fans get to see who is / may be sitting out the game prior to game time?

So is Bryce 4th string this year at this point? Also, I live out of state so maybe I don't get to see the latest COVID updates. Do other fans get to see who is / may be sitting out the game prior to game time?
No idea, to be honest. We also have Williamson (2019 Minnesota Mr. Football) and 4* 2020 recruit Ky Thomas in the RB room.

I would not be surprised at all if Bryce decided to move on. That is a wild guess. I have no info.

Two points:

1) If it was "basically a punt", it was a punt on first down... and the offense ran only 9 seconds off the clock while holding a big lead — the week after our defense blew a 17-point fourth quarter lead.

2) Regarding the part about "Defense has to be able to stop them.": Up until that point in the season, that simply had not happened. Not to repeat myself, but they had blown a huge lead at Maryland.

That being said, I was greatly relieved to see the improved play of the defense yesterday. And I get what you're saying about it being a great call; truth be told, if it had worked I'd obviously be ecstatic about the play selection.
Right, and don't discount that probably 85 times out of 100 it's just an incomplete. You're not wrong in your points. But if each game is it's own season ... seems like the D was holding pretty well in that game.

I was also really happy with the improved D. We needed that confidence going into Iowa!!

Right, and don't discount that probably 85 times out of 100 it's just an incomplete. You're not wrong in your points. But if each game is it's own season ... seems like the D was holding pretty well in that game.

I was also really happy with the improved D. We needed that confidence going into Iowa!!

The bold, italicized: I've never heard heard that phrase before, but I like it!

No idea, to be honest. We also have Williamson (2019 Minnesota Mr. Football) and 4* 2020 recruit Ky Thomas in the RB room.

I would not be surprised at all if Bryce decided to move on. That is a wild guess. I have no info.

Yeah I think all we really know about the RB rotation at this point is that:

#1 - Mo
#2 - Potts - hopefully nothing serious on the injury front coming out of Illinois game
#3 - Wiley

#4-#7 - ?

Top Bottom