More bloodletting in the Top 25

RememberMurray

Reaction score
#7 Penn State LOST

#8 Oklahoma State LOST

#14 Coastal Carolina LOST

#18 NC State LOST

#25 Purdue LOST

The Gophers should be sniffing the Top 25. I am not worried. They're only going to get better and better.

That's what counts. The ratings that matter is the end of the year.

Yup. They'll be getting votes this week. Maybe sneak in after next week if/when some top 25 teams lose.

Yup. They'll be getting votes this week. Maybe sneak in after next week if/when some top 25 teams lose.
The question is, will Illinois get more votes this week by virtue of beating a top 10 team on the road? That seems to be how it works with the pollsters!

"also getting votes" from last week losses:

Clemson, Utah, USAF, UCLA, LSU

I was looking at ESPN’s new power rankings this morning. They have a long history of making SEC teams losing to other SEC teams “not count” while suggesting it matters when SEC teams beat other SEC teams. A classic “having it both ways” situation.

Also, they kept Coastal Carolina in their top 25. They dropped Penn State all the way to #20.

One thing in general that I feel more strongly about with any ranking system year after year… the earlier in the season they are listed, the more useless they are. Wisconsin, Washington, etc. from this year’s week 1 rankings… useless.

Top Bottom