MN/wi Longest Continuously Played Series in Major College Football Streak to Likely Be Broken

Applying calendar years to college sports is silly. Virtually all US schools from preK to PhD define a year from start of fall to the end of the following spring.

Classes and cohorts of players tied to each academic year have far more relevance. If the same coaches and players from this University year who would have faced each other this fall instead do so in the spring, (and then again Fall 2021) it counts and streak continues.

Agree - it's the academic year that matters. We don't count the Outback Bowl against Auburn for this year, after all, despite being played January 1st, 2020. Play a game vs. Wisconsin for the Axe in the Spring, even if it's an exhibition game, it's still a game.

If our game against the BADgers doesn't happen, can we put BYU back on our schedule for that week? BYU is looking to add more games -- by then, they'll most likely be 9-0 and in the top 10. I'm certainly not saying a BYU game will happen, but if the Skunks bail on us, it'd be nice to have another top 10 team to play...

If our game against the BADgers doesn't happen, can we put BYU back on our schedule for that week? BYU is looking to add more games -- by then, they'll most likely be 9-0 and in the top 10. I'm certainly not saying a BYU game will happen, but if the Skunks bail on us, it'd be nice to have another top 10 team to play...
I wish, but the B1G already said no to Nebraska trying to do that last week in lieu of Wisconsin. Testing protocols and a team traveling into B1G territory was a no-go.

Could Big Ten schools fill their schedule with another Big Ten school that has an open date?

I wish, but the B1G already said no to Nebraska trying to do that last week in lieu of Wisconsin. Testing protocols and a team traveling into B1G territory was a no-go.
Did they try to fill with BYU, though? I heard it was a low level (FCS?) team.

That case, I could see where it would be more risky, a smaller school that can't afford as stringent a testing protocol.

But BYU, I feel like has money. Still a risk, of course. But would be a fun matchup. I think we'd be crazy to take it, to be honest.

Top Bottom