MN has 1 RB prospect in class of 2014

wait!what?

Reaction score
MN's offense is driven primarily and secondarily by the run. is it a surprise that KillCo. has 1 RB offer on board rt now? I am convinced that if Jeff Jones pulls a brookins that Killco. has a juco lined up.

Anyone know if recruits are promised that they will be the exclusive position recruit?

MN's offense is driven primarily and secondarily by the run. is it a surprise that KillCo. has 1 RB offer on board rt now? I am convinced that if Jeff Jones pulls a brookins that Killco. has a juco lined up.

Anyone know if recruits are promised that they will be the exclusive position recruit?

in general yes i'm sure this happens quite often when pulling in really high profile recruits. whether or not this is the case with jones, i would highly doubt it.

Ummmmmm. That is false. We have numerous offers to runningbacks out right now. J'vonte Herrod, Deron Thompson, Gregory Howell and Rodney Smith to name the ones still considering Minnesota

We're recruiting at least 3 in this class, Jones IMO is above the fray so to speak, in that they will take him regardless of how many backs because he adds value as a potential slot guy and a returner.
Herrod, Howell, Smith, and others have taken visits here.
MV from daily gopher seems confident Jones stays committed, that's good enough for me right now. Any way you slice it we're going to be fine on the ground for the next few years regardless with Cobb, Kirkwood, Edwards, and Williams back for at least the next 2-4, and more importantly you've got 4 underclassmen that started on the oline this year in Lauer, Bush, Christenson, and Campion.

I'm amazed how posters can come on here and make a statement without doing the research. It has been documented several times that the Gophers have offers out too several RB's. Unreal....

We're recruiting at least 3 in this class, Jones IMO is above the fray so to speak, in that they will take him regardless of how many backs because he adds value as a potential slot guy and a returner.
Herrod, Howell, Smith, and others have taken visits here.
MV from daily gopher seems confident Jones stays committed, that's good enough for me right now. Any way you slice it we're going to be fine on the ground for the next few years regardless with Cobb, Kirkwood, Edwards, and Williams back for at least the next 2-4, and more importantly you've got 4 underclassmen that started on the oline this year in Lauer, Bush, Christenson, and Campion.

I thought Mr. Kirkwood(land) was a senior, and Cobb a junior.

Why would we even consider a JuCo RB?

We have two seniors with experience returning (Kirkwood and Cobb) a JR (Williams) and a FR who is supposed to get some run next season. We will sign at least 1 RB, but I'd be shocked if it were a JuCo.

Roopitydoopert

I'm amazed how posters can come on here and make a statement without doing the research. It has been documented several times that the Gophers have offers out too several RB's. Unreal....

I took a look on scouts and rivals and didn't find any other RBs - author note: I visit scout /rivals , 3 /yr. not an expert.

Top Bottom