MN and the B1G commercial

Ewert86PC

Metrodome Era Survivor
Reaction score
Have you ever noticed that there are no UMN campus buildings in their location "avatar" in the B1G Conference commercial. Every other school has an identifiable campus building.

What's up with that?

1666492980279.png

Not a building, but this exists on campus.

Although they didn't any of those buildings in the right place on the map.

The downtown buildings on the east side of the river?! I mean come on!

That Big Ten commercial should have been retired a long time ago. The changed out the music a while back since it was getting so stale, but try harder!

I wonder if the other schools have things off because of the camera angle?

I think global warming/ climate change impacted the camera angles when this was filmed, even back in 2014!

That Big Ten commercial should have been retired a long time ago. The changed out the music a while back since it was getting so stale, but try harder!
It won't be retired. It starts right in LA at the Rose Bowl. USC & UCLA play there, so next year we get to start on their campuses.

Yes but all the other schools have that and a campus building. Are we ashamed of our campus buildings?
Maryland only has statues of Jim Henson with Kermit the Frog and Testudo the Terrapin. Indiana and Purdue don't really have buildings either, just decorative architecture that's no more useful than Michigan's cube.

It's interesting that the U's biggest corporate partner (3M) is represented by building 220 in Maplewood. It's a fine piece of modern architecture, but hardly a Minnesota icon. There's no way that building is in the commercial unless somebody from the U was consulted.

Have you ever noticed that there are no UMN campus buildings in their location "avatar" in the B1G Conference commercial. Every other school has an identifiable campus building.

What's up with that?
Because the twin cities has other interesting features like buildings, architecture, art, and culture that frankly ¾ of the other schools don't.

Picking nits but one thing about that commercial that has always bugged me a little is the way that they pick and choose which Universities have their stadiums showing as one of the objects in their “town”. Our stadium is missing but we do have an outdoor ice skater to remind recruits that it is frozen here in the winter.

Again, just being picky. I don’t lose sleep over this. Just an observation.

Because the twin cities has other interesting features like buildings, architecture, art, and culture that frankly ¾ of the other schools don't.
Which isn't the point. What is it about the school that the administration doesn't promote the school? It's like wanting to win a chocolate tasting contest by having the prettiest wrapper.

Top Bottom