Minny in the desert; 1 down, 2 to go!!

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Is there anything better than watching your team win on the road in person, in a hostile atmosphere? (I debated on which forum to post this; could have been the football board, the Off-Topic board, or here)

Minnesota teams kicked off 3 games in Phoenix in just over two weeks today; Vikings at the Cardinals; Gopher hoops against Louisville at Univ. of PHX Stadium on Saturday; Gopher football against Kansas in the Insight Bowl at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe.

The Vikes took care of their business by putting a beat down on the Cardinals, putting a damper on the spirit of Cards fans a week after they clinched their division. Thousands of Vikes fans in attendance, great atmosphere (for the visitors). The Card fans were less than hospitable to me and the wife, all decked out in purple.

Can the Gophers hold up their end of the deal and knock off Louisville? I like their chances a LITTLE bit more than I did a month ago but it's still a tall order. Louisville will be tough.

I'll be joining some of you there for that one, haven't made up my mind if I'm going to make my third drive to PHX in 3.5 weeks, 4th in the month of December, for the Rodents in the Insight Bowl.

GO MINNESOTA!!!!!! GO GOPHERS!!!!!! 3 FOR 3 IN THE DESERT!!!!

A sweep would be huge for all parties involve. I'll be there for the bowl but I will root as well as I can from home for the Bball team!! BEAT THE CARDS AND THE 'HAWKS!!!!

Should be a great time OO.....I wonder how many snowbirds with head out to Glendale, I hope many do.

Gopher fans in PHX...

I'm thinking there could be a LOT of Gopher fans there Saturday but we'll see.

The Cards-Vikes game was loaded with Viking fans and I'm sure not that many made the flight from MSP.

Trout, I almost spent the big bucks to get the tickets on the OTHER side of the court, that also come with some kind of prime rib carving buffet prior to the games, among other things. Just too much money though, not enough return on the investment.

Top Bottom