Minnesota will host BYU on Sept. 26, 2020, for its annual Homecoming game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

Homecoming Game Announced for 2020 Season

The University of Minnesota will host BYU on Sept. 26, 2020, for its annual Homecoming game.

The game will be Minnesota's 102 all-time Homecoming contest and will be the first nonconference Homecoming game for the Gophers since it beat Ohio 27-24 on Sept. 26, 2015. Minnesota is 60-38-3 overall on Homecoming and season tickets for the 2020 season start at just $35 a game.

Minnesota and BYU have never met in football and BYU will become the 17th opponent – sixth nonconference – that the Gophers will host for Homecoming. Minnesota's other nonconference Homecoming opponents have been: Chicago (won 33-7 in 1928), Ohio (won 27-24 in 2015), Pittsburgh (won 9-6 in 1956), USC (won 25-19 in 1955) and Vanderbilt (won 20-6 in 1959).

Minnesota announced a home-and-home series with BYU in 2016. The Gophers host BYU in 2020 and play at BYU on Sept. 20, 2025.

Go Gophers!!

I truly hate the idea of playing BYU at any time. Ask anyone who has played them, dirtiest team on the schedule. More knee injuries coming out of that game than any other opponent.

I truly hate the idea of playing BYU at any time. Ask anyone who has played them, dirtiest team on the schedule. More knee injuries coming out of that game than any other opponent.
I'm not trying to be a jerk and am just really curious. How many people do you know that have played against BYU?

Typical Mormon tactic.

in answer to your question I am referencing my response to serval different players at the Air Force Academy over 4 years.

in answer to your question I am referencing my response to serval different players at the Air Force Academy over 4 years.

So you are using data from over a decade ago? BYU hasn't player Air Force since 2010.

I believe that Chicago left Big Ten athletics, but they might still be a member of the conference academically. Remember, the Western Conference of Faculty Representatives (what we know as the Big Ten) is first and foremost an academic consortium.

Interesting. I am a little bit connected with several former players from one of the Mountain West Schools and they all say, without hesitation, that the team they liked to play least was Air Force. Same reasons you mentioned with BYU. Their playing days were 15-20 years ago though.

I believe that Chicago left Big Ten athletics, but they might still be a member of the conference academically. Remember, the Western Conference of Faculty Representatives (what we know as the Big Ten) is first and foremost an academic consortium.

The Committee on Institutional Cooperation was renamed the Big Ten Academic Consortium in 2006, and it includes Johns Hopkins. Chicago left after the 2010-11 school year.

Top Bottom