Minnesota vs. USC - Game Notes.pdf

optionqb1

Reaction score
Anybody know where the game notes .pdf is located on the new gophersports.com website ?

The Notes will be under the "news" section of the football page on the site. Usually the notes come out on Tuesday of each game week.

Thanks GopherInWI

A primer of information, schedules, statistical leaders, story lines going into a game. Here's an example: http://iuhoosiers.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/ind/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2009-Game11PSU

I used them when I was in sports radio, it would give me some story lines on opposing teams that would be a focus.

I appreciate your help. With technology changing the world so rapidly I wasn't sure if it wan't the next version of the I-Pad.

From the game notes:

"Minnesota has played 127 seasons of college football, coming into 2011. Only three other schools -- Rutgers (141), Michigan (131) and Navy (130) have played more."

This is not true. Princeton (141), Yale (138), Harvard (137), Penn (134), and Lafayette (129) have all played more than Minnesota as well. Also, Michigan has played 133 seasons, not 131.

You sure about that one?

They played 1 game in the spring in 1879, against an outside opponent (Racine) that didn't count toward their record in fall 1879, and they also played 1 spring game in 1883, against an outside opponent (Detroit Industrial) that didn't count toward their record in fall 1883. There is no definitive answer (perhaps Michigan considers them scrimmages?), but College Football Data Warehouse counts those as extra seasons, and I agree.

From the game notes:

"Minnesota has played 127 seasons of college football, coming into 2011. Only three other schools -- Rutgers (141), Michigan (131) and Navy (130) have played more."

This is not true. Princeton (141), Yale (138), Harvard (137), Penn (134), and Lafayette (129) have all played more than Minnesota as well. Also, Michigan has played 133 seasons, not 131.

I think the U forgot 3 letters, FBS. The other 4 are FCS schools.

Here are the Game Notes from USC

I usually like reading these in addition to ours.

Also like to listen to / read the opposing team's press conference for additional perspective on things.

GO GOPHERS!

Here are the Game Notes from USC

I usually like reading these in addition to ours.

Also like to listen to / read the opposing team's press conference for additional perspective on things.

GO GOPHERS!

Good lord, if this were a contest on the design front and not the football field we'd have our starters pulled by the start of the 3rd quarter. That is tough to read.

Good lord, if this were a contest on the design front and not the football field we'd have our starters pulled by the start of the 3rd quarter. That is tough to read.

Two things I found interesting (at quick glance):

1) p. 7 "Random Notes" which details their probation. Must be required as an institution to display these facts in their weekly game notes but don't know.

Random Notes: Oh yeah, by the way, our football team is on probation and here are the facts.

2) 22 Academic All-Americans. Thought they would have had more than that. Why, I don't know.

Top Bottom