Minnesota v Michigan 1976/77 season

whogoofed

Reaction score
This is probably my favorite gopher team(although I believe they ended up losing to Michigan both times) - I think this is flips senior season They beat Marquette that season at their place (who won the national championship that year). Still pissed at the vacated season.

This is probably my favorite gopher team(although I believe they ended up losing to Michigan both times) - I think this is flips senior season They beat Marquette that season at their place (who won the national championship that year). Still pissed at the vacated season.
My freshman year at the U. Saw them play about 6 times that season. Fabulous team.

Notice how lightly you had to play post position defense back in those days? There was no "2 big men leaning into each other trying to establish their spot" in those days. Man, if you put a body on a guy, you got a whistle! Different game 40+ years ago.

I want that massive retro Goldy outside my bedroom door so I can start each and every day running through the basketball. How could you not kick ass after doing that?

Rickey Green playing for the Wolverines. That man was an absolute jet. His college career was before my time but I remember him from his days with the Utah Jazz.

Cool video, thanks for posting.

I was there! Man the Barn would rock back then. Flip, Mycal, Ray Williams, Osborne Lockhart and a young Kevin McHale. I think Lockhart went on to play for the Globetrotters. We know about the rest.

I was there! Man the Barn would rock back then. Flip, Mycal, Ray Williams, Osborne Lockhart and a young Kevin McHale. I think Lockhart went on to play for the Globetrotters. We know about the rest.
Dave Winey also on that team. He played in the old CBA for a few years. I know a few of the non starters from that team on a personnel level. The team was very special

Top Bottom