Minnesota Pride...

laazrakit

Reaction score
Got to think that this is the way that the Gophers can find success at keeping more and more players home. Shows that there's more buy-in amongst players and recruits. Just the fact that the STrib posted an article like this is a big step...

Got to think that this is the way that the Gophers can find success at keeping more and more players home. Shows that there's more buy-in amongst players and recruits. Just the fact that the STrib posted an article like this is a big step...

Great article!

"I think it helps with having pride in this program from the start," Johnson said. "Those guys are going to be indebted, and they're going to be following from the time they leave until who knows when."

Johnson has been able to grow his basketball relationships within the state with help from his assistants, especially former DeLaSalle coach Dave Thorson.

Among the best local recruiters for the Gophers have also been their six in-state players, most notably transfers Jamison Battle from DeLaSalle, Parker Fox from Mahtomedi and Sean Sutherlin from Irondale.

"I know this is a cool time for those guys to play in front of friends and family at a Division I Big Ten school in your state," Johnson added. "They have a lot of pride in that. That's cool to see. It trickles down not to just guys who are from here."

Go Gophers!!

We must have some of the best basketball youth development in the world here in Minnesota. Looking forward to filling Willams Arena with it.

Top Bottom