Minnesota M template or stencil

Reaction score
I'm looking for a medium to larger size Minnesota M template or stencil.....I would like to paint an M on a wall and haven't found any kind of stencil to use....If anyone has info. or ideas it would really be appreciated....thanks.

I'm looking for a medium to larger size Minnesota M template or stencil.....I would like to paint an M on a wall and haven't found any kind of stencil to use....If anyone has info. or ideas it would really be appreciated....thanks.

Use a small one (stencil or cutout) and put it on an old fashioned overhead projector. You can adjust the size by moving the projector closer or farther away from the wall. My wife did this all the time in her business....

I painted a big M on my wall earlier last year. I used a small M template and measured each line and multiplied by 5. Then I used cardboard to cut out one half of the M. I traced it on the wall and flipped it to trace the other side so it would be symmetrical. It turned out great, but just a forewarning: this takes a lot longer than you may think because the maroon takes 3-4 coats and the gold takes 2 to make it look good. If you are a student, you may have to sacrifice about .3 of your GPA like I did to finish this. haha

Top Bottom