Minnesota injury report for Iowa game

GopherLady

Reaction score
Head coach Jerry Kill has announced the following Gophers will miss Saturday's game with Iowa due to injury:

Brendan Beal - knee
Josh Campion - head
Jimmy Gjere - head
Marcus Jones - knee
Troy Stoudermire - arm
Devon Wright - hamstring

The Gophers should just red shirt Stoudermire.

Marcus Jones is a new member on the injury roster. Too bad. Like his explosiveness at returning kicks. Was hoping to see him return one all the way against the Hawks.

Go Gophers!!

I assume Campion had a concussion. Never seen one take this long. Maybe going for a medical red shirt?

I assume Campion had a concussion. Never seen one take this long. Maybe going for a medical red shirt?
Then you don't pay attention to pro sports. Sidney Crosby and Justin Morneau were both out for a long time in different sports.

I don't think he's eligible for a redshirt/medical waiver. He played in four games this year. That's too much.

This comes up every year. By the letter of the law you are correct (he's played more than 30% of the games) but the NCAA seems to make exceptions unpredictably (such as Kirkwood last year who played 4 games - same as Troy).

Marcus Jones is a new member on the injury roster. Too bad. Like his explosiveness at returning kicks. Was hoping to see him return one all the way against the Hawks.

Go Gophers!!

Anyone heard about this? Not too serious hopefully?

This comes up every year. By the letter of the law you are correct (he's played more than 30% of the games) but the NCAA seems to make exceptions unpredictably (such as Kirkwood last year who played 4 games - same as Troy).

Good point.

Kill did mention the possibility of a medical redshirt for Stoudermire today on his radio show. He said it is something you just roll the dice with and have no clue what the NCAA will do. Concussions are hard to put on a timetable. Many feel good for a few days and have a bad day or two. Hard to predict.

They need to spray something around our practice field...the injury bugs are killing us!

Top Bottom