Minnesota HS Football Prospects - 2022

hungan1

Reaction score
Recruiting for top four recruits in Minnesota is already in full swing. How many will the Gophers be able to recruit successfully?

How many of the unranked players are going to emerge? It will be intriguing to see in this not so strong class.

• 9838517.jpg
  • Lucas Heyer
    Hill Murray School(Saint Paul, Minnesota, OT, 6-5/307, 0.9042, NAT'L 270, POS 34, ST #1, 14 teams

• 9719662.jpg
  • Eli King
    Caledonia(Caledonia, Minnesota, ATH, 6-3/185, 0.8888, NAT'L 347, POS 26, ST #2, 8 teams

• 8984679.JPG
  • Trevon Howard
    IMG Academy(Minneapolis, Minnesota, S, 6-2/200, 0.8838, NAT'L 381, POS 20, ST #3, 9 teams

• 9960539.jpg
  • Chase Carter
    Minnehaha Academy(Minneapolis, Minnesota, SDE, 6-2/220, 0.8527, NAT'L 598, POS 34, ST #4 , 8 teams

Last edited:

I think most high school teams played 6 or 7 games so these guys had some opportunity to showcase their talents.
Out of the top four guys we are already down to the 600th nationally rated guy.
Opportunities for MSHSL walkons.

Deylin Hasert from Marshall should be ranked pretty high. Already has offers from MN, Iowa, KSU, and ISU.

This seems like a very incomplete list that will change a lot.
One guy on a MN public school team? Doubt it.

Heyer and Hasert are on the short list right now. We’ll know soon who else they offer- there are always 1-2 for players we haven’t heard of like Eastern and Purcel from this class. Howard moved to Florida and King is more into basketball, so I doubt we’ll be hearing much about those two. Carter may also end up playing basketball, he’s Randy Carter’s son.

Carter kinda sucks at hoops in my opinion.
I’d offer Eli King my first born. Love him as an athlete. Absolute freak. Hard to put it into perspective. He could play either hoops or football and I’d be stoked.

King will play basketball. Period. I have friends and relatives in SE MN, and they are all hearing that there is almost no chance that King plays FB in college.

As far as FB talent in MN - there are good players in outstate MN, but more often than not, they either lack the size or raw speed to play at the D1 level. Bryce Lance from Marshall - Trey's little brother - was 1st team All-State, and he's going to NDSU.

a lot of MN FB players go on to have nice careers at D2 or D3, and some at the FCS level, but in a given year, there may only be four or five MN players who will be impact players at FBS level. In a good year, maybe 7 or 8 guys in that category. and those players are getting offers from all over the country.

IMHO, the Gophers need to prioritize the MN O-line prospects. Keep the best MN players from going to WI or IA.

King will play basketball. Period. I have friends and relatives in SE MN, and they are all hearing that there is almost no chance that King plays FB in college.

As far as FB talent in MN - there are good players in outstate MN, but more often than not, they either lack the size or raw speed to play at the D1 level. Bryce Lance from Marshall - Trey's little brother - was 1st team All-State, and he's going to NDSU.

a lot of MN FB players go on to have nice careers at D2 or D3, and some at the FCS level, but in a given year, there may only be four or five MN players who will be impact players at FBS level. In a good year, maybe 7 or 8 guys in that category. and those players are getting offers from all over the country.

IMHO, the Gophers need to prioritize the MN O-line prospects. Keep the best MN players from going to WI or IA.
Just like Ratzlaff. No chance he'll play football, hockey all the way, mark it down!!

:mad:

I wonder if the top recruits from 2022 will go to the border rivals like they did in 2020 & 2021

No Junior Days on campus. Wonder what Fleck has up his sleeve?

Just like Ratzlaff. No chance he'll play football, hockey all the way, mark it down!!

:mad:

He has relatives in the same geographic region, so clearly they’d know. I have relatives in LA, they know where Lebron’s kid is going already.

Top Bottom