Minnesota hasn’t lost to an unranked team since...

Some guy

Reaction score
November 3, 2018 @Illinois

Minnesota hasn’t lost to a non conference opponent since Sept 3, 2015

Minnesota hasn’t beaten a ranked opponent since January 1, 2020

the biggest thing to turning around the program isn’t winning the penn state game or winning the auburn game. Minnesota has had seasons with great wins before. The difference last year is that Minnesota beat all the average teams.

I hope we do that again this year and finish 5-3 or 6-2
Wisconsin is definitely a game against a good team. Everyone else in the west looks average at best...

Great post, great point.

Iowa is down. Nebraska continues to be Nebraska. Purdue beat Iowa without Moore, so not sure yet. NW crushed maybe the worst team in the Big Ten, Maryland, so also unsure. Illinois got crushed, looked bad.

Really need to beat the above teams. That's six wins right there. Then ... well, Michigan and Wisconsin will be what they are. Then the East cross-over for a chance to go 7-2 (or 8-1). If we end up second in the West, then probably a rematch against Michigan. Or maybe this finally is their year.

What is the record against ranked teams in the last 5, 10, and 20 games?

I'd take a rematch with michigan at the end of the year, whether it's the championship or the second place game. Unfortunately I don't think the jug would be up for grabs but who knows.

Hoping we can beat maryland and illinois the next two weeks to gains some confidence going into iowa. Beating iowa would be nice and give me hope about ending the season with 1-2 losses.

Trying to keep things in perspective, we had 2 conference losses last year, matching that or even having 3 conference losses wouldn't be all that disappointing given what we lost on the defensive side of the ball.

What is the record against ranked teams in the last 5, 10, and 20 games?
Per Wikipedia

2-3 in last 5 (W vs Auburn, PSU; L to Michigan, WI, Iowa)
2-6 overall under PJ (Above, L to OSU in 2018, WI in 2017, Mich St in 2017)

Claeys was 0-2 (L to WI and Neb)

The split Claeys/Kill season was 0-5 (L to TCU, NW, Mich, OSU, and Iowa)

Kill was 0-5 in 2011 (USC, Mich, Neb, Mich St, WI), 0-1 in 2012 (Nebraska), 1-3 in 2013(W vs Nebraska, L to Mich, WI, Mich St), and 1-3 in 2014 (W vs Nebraska, L to OSU, WI, Mizzou)

So yeah, the last 5 is 2-3, last 10 is 2-8, last 20 is 3-17.

Top Bottom