Minnesota Badgers onesie at Target

GopherLady

Reaction score
ICYMI...

The Strib just did a piece on it:
"Color us red," Target said in a statement that leaned on the shade that the retail giant shares with the Badgers and is known to reveal embarrassment. "As a Minnesota-based company, we know we are home to the Gophers. We've worked with our vendor to remove this item and apologize to any sports fans who might have been left scratching their head."

http://www.startribune.com/target-s...USjbinxZn2G1Y_S18b8xohXdsjl9KhNFPJ7KZU1m6q8O4

Probably the only thing that MN and WI fans will agree on: that's disgusting.

I live in the Bay Area and just watched our ABC7 news while eating dinner and during the Sports segment they showed this story (and picture of the onesie) to end the broadcast. The Sports guy asked the others on the show if they knew what the problem was as the picture of the onesie was displayed...nobody did so he had to tell them the Mascot for Minnesota is the Golden Gopher and the Badger is the Mascot for Wisconsin. Frankly I was disappointed nobody else on the broadcast knew what the problem with the photo was. He didn't have enough time to explain the rivalry between the 2 States and the Universities, though you could tell he knew as he waited and waited before finally explaining what the problem was. Pretty funny but could have come off allot better if someone knew the significance of the mistake Target made. I will say I feel bad for Target; the reason I live in the Bay Area is that I worked for Target at their HQ in Mpls. (in IT, not Merchandising) before transferring out here to work for Mervyns Department stores (1997 during the BB Gophers run to the final 4) before they went under in 2008, so I felt a deep connection to this story in many ways...

I'm not sure why....but I want one of these.

My wife said the same thing (she works for Target). Collector's item.

(We both despise the Badgers) I threw up in my mouth a little bit when I saw the shirt.

My wife said the same thing (she works for Target). Collector's item.

(We both despise the Badgers) I threw up in my mouth a little bit when I saw the shirt.
I was thinking of this and my thought is these would be great for the team to wear during pre-game warmups at Wisconsin... would show the Badgers and their fans that the Gophers are there to take the game and 'own' the Badgers and their Mascot!

I told my girlfriend last night as we were watching; these would be great to own and would probably be worth some money. I wonder if your wife could pull some strings and... well, I know from working there that would never happen but it would be a dream come true to get a hold of one!

They've probably already been burned by Gopher loyalists, and probably rightfully so.

I live in the Bay Area and just watched our ABC7 news while eating dinner and during the Sports segment they showed this story (and picture of the onesie) to end the broadcast. The Sports guy asked the others on the show if they knew what the problem was as the picture of the onesie was displayed...nobody did so he had to tell them the Mascot for Minnesota is the Golden Gopher and the Badger is the Mascot for Wisconsin. Frankly I was disappointed nobody else on the broadcast knew what the problem with the photo was. He didn't have enough time to explain the rivalry between the 2 States and the Universities, though you could tell he knew as he waited and waited before finally explaining what the problem was. Pretty funny but could have come off allot better if someone knew the significance of the mistake Target made. I will say I feel bad for Target; the reason I live in the Bay Area is that I worked for Target at their HQ in Mpls. (in IT, not Merchandising) before transferring out here to work for Mervyns Department stores (1997 during the BB Gophers run to the final 4) before they went under in 2008, so I felt a deep connection to this story in many ways...
I feel like many people on the east and west coasts have no clue about anything related to the midwest.

Top Bottom