Minneapolis added as host site for Big Ten basketball tournaments

Iceland12

Reaction score
"Minneapolis will host the Big Ten women's basketball tournament in 2023 and both the men's and women's tournaments in 2024. All three events will take place at the Target Center, site of the women's Final Four earlier this month. In 2019, Minneapolis hosted the men's Final Four at U.S. Bank Stadium.

"This is a huge opportunity for our Big Ten footprint, our fan base, not only in Minneapolis but the state of Minnesota, and nationally and regionally," Diana Sabau, the Big Ten's deputy commissioner and chief sports officer, told ESPN. "Minneapolis is coming off of hosting the women's Final Four this year. They hosted a recent men's Final Four, and they just have a tremendous basketball mentality in the city with their two professional teams. So we're really excited to bring that to a new location and to give other Big Ten cities the opportunity to host our marquee events."..

Just in time to win it!

Fantastic!

I assume you are referring to the Men's tournament.........

before the Gopher Women can talk about winning the B1G tournament, they have a lot of work to so.

Not saying the Men don't, but I think the Men's team is certainly in a better position as of today.

This is great news! The posse comes here instead of me going to them. Great time and great event.

I assume you are referring to the Men's tournament.........

before the Gopher Women can talk about winning the B1G tournament, they have a lot of work to so.

Not saying the Men don't, but I think the Men's team is certainly in a better position as of today.
Interesting how perspectives can change so quickly. The men's team went from a last place team to a team with a promising future with the addition of Garcia.

The women lose Scalia and a bunch of scrubs to the portal and suddenly they are the ones that are struggling. This is despite Whalen bringing in a top 10 recruiting class.

I attribute it to greater faith in Johnson establishing a vision for the program. I am still not clear what Whalen is building.

This is awesome news. I'd love to be able to see the tournament in person without having to go to Indy.

This is great news! The posse comes here instead of me going to them. Great time and great event.
HM (or anyone) - Do you recall what All Session Lower Level tix went for this past year?

Top Bottom