Mike Munson, who juggled basketballs while riding a unicycle before Gopher games, dies at age 69

Watched the George Gervin documentary yesterday. Interesting connection to MN and this story. Gervin played for Dutcher at EMU and knocked a guy out in a game. Dutcher suspended him. Ice Man played in the ABA which had a focus on entertainment just like the Gophers of the 70's. Loved the entertainment factor with the ABA and the Gophers before the ABA-NBA merger.

God, I loved those days! The student section was up on the second deck back then. My Buddies and I never missed a game.

Watched the George Gervin documentary yesterday. Interesting connection to MN and this story. Gervin played for Dutcher at EMU and knocked a guy out in a game. Dutcher suspended him. Ice Man played in the ABA which had a focus on entertainment just like the Gophers of the 70's. Loved the entertainment factor with the ABA and the Gophers before the ABA-NBA merger.
Vikings used to have a guy in the stands named Crazy George. Goof ball who was bald like Barreiro.

Here's a link to a grainy video of the Musselman pre-game warm up routine that had fans in the stands well before game time to watch the show:

Top Bottom