Michigan coaches shocked and saddened by Jerry Kill's retirement

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per MLive.com:

Former Minnesota coach Jerry Kill sent shockwaves throughout the college football world Wednesday morning when he announced his sudden retirement due to health reasons.

Those waves certainly reached Schembechler Hall, as No. 15 Michigan is in the midst of preparing for a game against the Golden Gophers on Saturday night (7 p.m., ESPN) in Minneapolis.

"(It was) sad, I figured it was something that had to be pretty serious," Michigan tight ends coach Jay Harbaugh said during his afternoon media availability. "You never want to hear anything like that.

"You just hope and pray he gets healthy and the family can deal with everything ... it's a serious thing."

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/10/michigan_coaches_shocked_and_s.html

Go Gophers!!

Jim Harbaugh at the B1G media days said some nice things about Jerry this year too.

I can say with 100% certainty that Kill is one of, if not the most respected Division 1 NCAA football coach in the Harbaugh household.

I was around the conversation when both Jim and Jack were asked earlier this year about the depth of coaching in the B1G, it wasn't Meyer or Dantonio they mentioned first, it was Kill.

Top Bottom