MIA: Damian Johnson

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Absolutely disappeared the last month. He's the biggest reason this squad is in such a funk. Why would you want this team to make the tourney? They'd get beat handily by someone like Buffalo.

I want them in the tourney so it helps me figure out my bracket easier!

Damian Johnson doesn't bring a whole lot to a basketball team. Getting outrebounded on that missed FT by PSU was a real kick in the nuts. I'm not sure why he and Busch played so many minutes today.

Damian Johnson doesn't bring a whole lot to a basketball team. Getting outrebounded on that missed FT by PSU was a real kick in the nuts. I'm not sure why he and Busch played so many minutes today.

Simple - foul trouble.

Unless Carter fouled out without my knowledge, he should have been on the floor in the last two minutes for either Johnson or Busch. More than anything we needed his rebounding.

I'm not sure I would go that far. He's still a very good defender and makes a few nice plays on defense on a per game average. On offense, he still doesn't know what he's trying to do and I agree, that rebound was horrendous.

Not sure what the problem is other than these guys always seem to be confused on the offensive end. There doesn't seem to be any sense of purpose or a common goal on offense and that is really killing us right now...

When you have Damian Johnson in with Iverson and Sampson, Johnson has to be on the perimeter. He's not comfortable out there. He'd be a lot better off posting up. The starting lineup doesn't work - period. The guys don't fit together at all. Tubby is stubborn, that's partly why he's such a good coach, but it's hurting him here.

hate to beat a dead horse but why do we start Iverson and Sampson? We don't ever get the ball inside to them and DJ is not a 3. Iverson will be a good player but right now the only shot he seems to make a dunk or an occcasional layup. If you want to see a team that makes every effort to get the ball inside watch the Gopher women's team. They look inside first and know that if they ball goes inside it does come back outside quite often. Tubby has said we need to play inside to get the outside game going but it doesn't appear to be happening.

You are an idiot. DJ brings a ton to this team when he plays well. He doesn't score a lot, but his defense is outstanding. Lately, as Tubby said, he has been committing dumb fouls and its taking him out of his game.

You are an idiot. DJ brings a ton to this team when he plays well. He doesn't score a lot, but his defense is outstanding. Lately, as Tubby said, he has been committing dumb fouls and its taking him out of his game.

Yeah, and why is he committing these fouls? Because he's been letting his man beat him.

Absolutely disappeared the last month. He's the biggest reason this squad is in such a funk. Why would you want this team to make the tourney? They'd get beat handily by someone like Buffalo.

Hard to figure what has happened to DJ. Has anyone ever seen a more inept pass reception than when in the 1st half Westbrook was sort of trapped at the free throw line and threw about a 8 ft soft semi-looping pass back to DJ. It hit him straight in the hand and went directly behind him out of bounds. I had to back that one up on the DVR to see what actually happened. I thought maybe DJ wasn't looking - but he was looking straight at Westbrook. Pretty amazing.

Yeah, and why is he committing these fouls? Because he's been letting his man beat him.

No, he is being to aggressive and getting REACH IN fouls, if his man was beating him he would be getting blocking fouls. He and Nolen are outstanding man to man defenders and anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid. Its that simple.

Top Bottom