Men's and Women's teams both ranked #1 in the nation!!

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Both the men's and women's hockey teams are ranked #1 in the nation!

Love it! Let's hope we continue to get the goaltending we're getting!!

My favorite part: the Women's team SWEPT Wisconsin. And MN-Daloot. Well-deserved ranking.

Stay undefeated!

Very cool. Keep it up Gophers!

Happy for both teams...traditionally, the No. 1 ranking on the men's side hasn't exactly been a harbinger of good things to come, but it's still a very nice honor. As for the women, that No. 1 ranking has become sort of old-hat at this point (we might be getting a little spoiled! :clap:). Having said all of that, congrats to both teams!! Hoping for more great results! :D

The women's hockey team is the most dominant team in college sports.....across the board.

The women's hockey team is the most dominant team in college sports.....across the board.

They actually just got through there two hardest series until the end of the year. Both UMD and Wisconsin have teams that could beat them, and we've swept them already. We don't play those teams again until the last two weekends of the regular season. And looking at the schedule, I don't see anyone who will beat them. So they'll probably be sporting a 75 game win streak heading into Madison. I believe the longest win streak in Division 1 ladies athletics is something like 90 by UConn basketball...

Probably fool's gold at this point for the men's team -- they're good but not #1 good -- but nevertheless it's cool to be ranked #1 in both.

Great to see activity on the hockey message board! anyone care to start a recruiting thread? I love reading about who is coming, or who we are interested in, because they get swept out the high school programs very early and we (those who aren't puck geeks) can't follow them.

gopher puck live is where the puck buddies hang out, so we dont get much action over here. Would like to see more, though.

They actually just got through there two hardest series until the end of the year. Both UMD and Wisconsin have teams that could beat them, and we've swept them already. We don't play those teams again until the last two weekends of the regular season. And looking at the schedule, I don't see anyone who will beat them. So they'll probably be sporting a 75 game win streak heading into Madison. I believe the longest win streak in Division 1 ladies athletics is something like 90 by UConn basketball...

Agreed. UMD is a very solid team. I went up to Duluth to watch the series and it was a lot of fun. Nice to see two quality teams go at it. Thought the Bulldogs were gonna get a win but the Gophers held them off!

Top Bottom