Mel Tucker to sign long-term extension with MSU: 'Ryan Day money'

Would have had a choice of college and likely NFL jobs.
True, but that is a lot of throw at a guy with little to no track record. Still, if MSU is convinced he is the guy then makes sense to do whatever possible to keep him there.

Good for him, I guess. I don't know much about how he's viewed both internally and externally to know whether this is good for MSU or not. I understand the desire to not have to go find another guy so soon if he bolts to LSU, so it makes sense. He built a team on transfers, and he certainly struck gold with Walker. However, it's obviously yet to be seen if he can sustain a level of success, or if this is a short term blip. If he turns out to be a legit high profile coach, it's certainly good for the B1G for him to be part of this conference.

Good for Tucker, cashing in on a really small sample size.
Yeah it is crazy. He could realistically finish 9-4 this year. Which would put him at a career .500

however, they should lock him up if they believe in him

Good for him, I guess. I don't know much about how he's viewed both internally and externally to know whether this is good for MSU or not. I understand the desire to not have to go find another guy so soon if he bolts to LSU, so it makes sense. He built a team on transfers, and he certainly struck gold with Walker. However, it's obviously yet to be seen if he can sustain a level of success, or if this is a short term blip. If he turns out to be a legit high profile coach, it's certainly good for the B1G for him to be part of this conference.
It’s yet to be seen if he even has a top 20 team this year; they very well could finish 8-4 or 9-3 this year. Then lose a bowl game and you’re not even top 25

Top Bottom