Meet the No. 1 Gophers men's basketball managers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Nolan:

So far, it’s been nothing but great feelings for the Gophers’ managers. They’re currently the No. 1-ranked team in the Manager Games, a competition in which Division I basketball managers across the country compete against each other, which culminates in a 64-team bracket.

How it works​

Managers coordinate games with opposing teams’ managers, with the games typically taking place a day before the Division I programs face off. They play two 20-minute halves with a running clock until the final two minutes of each half and adhere to NCAA rules, and anyone involved with the program who is not a player — managers, graduate assistants, support staff, coaches, etc. — can participate in the games.

After they play a game, they post the score on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, and tag the Manager Games account, which compiles scores and posts rankings on faktorsports.com, which does KPI rankings for college basketball, as well.

At the end of the regular season, the top-64 teams make a 64-team bracket that mimics the NCAA Tournament, at which point it goes to a fan vote. The teams compete for fan votes until it reaches the Elite Eight; then the remaining teams fundraise for a trip to the location of the Final Four — this year it’s in Phoenix — where they get the chance to compete for a national title.

Go Gophers!!

I wonder who referees the games? I could see it getting pretty intense and where you really might need refs. Even pickup noon ball gets a bit too intense sometimes and the stakes and pride are definitely higher here...

Top Bottom