Maybe a dumb question about umbrellas

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
Ok ... we have been stuck inside and never had a problem with rain unless the roof leaked. What is the right and wrong way to use an umbrella at a football game. I know it sounds like a dumb question. I was at a high school game last year and there was a heavy/steady rain. I had the umbrella pulled down as close to me as I could to keep it was blocking other people's view. However, I still had people were yelling at me to move the umbrella. Just want to be ready for that bad weather day I know we will get.

Umbrellas

I don't know if there is a right way to use an umbrella at a football game, other than not at all. Fortunately, with the sightlines from the concourses, you should be able to go under there and still see all of the game.

Or you can do what I'll do and either a)buy one of the branded ponchos from Goldy's locker room or b)sit in the rain and get soaked and cheer louder.

Ok ... we have been stuck inside and never had a problem with rain unless the roof leaked. What is the right and wrong way to use an umbrella at a football game. I know it sounds like a dumb question. I was at a high school game last year and there was a heavy/steady rain. I had the umbrella pulled down as close to me as I could to keep it was blocking other people's view. However, I still had people were yelling at me to move the umbrella. Just want to be ready for that bad weather day I know we will get.

Umbrellas are not allowed in any college or pro stadiums, nor most high school fields.

They are clumsy and plain rude.

Unless you are the wicked witch of the west, the rain won't kill you. Wear a hat.

Invest in a poncho for $5.99

Or you can do what I'll do and either a)buy one of the branded ponchos from Goldy's locker room or b)sit in the rain and get soaked and cheer louder.

You know, I might purposely forgo the poncho option for the first rain game. After years of squalor in the dome, cheering on the Gophers while getting drenched in a late September/early October rain may be the greatest thing ever.

I'll leave it at home

Good thing I learned early not to bring the umbrella. You answered my questions and I do have some heavy duty ponchos. Now I'm off to a nice boat ride on Lake Pepin with no need of an umbrella on this beautiful day. Thanks!

what about umbrella hats???????

What about the two beer can holder hard hat with straws!!!

Seriously, they sell a nice maroon hard hat at Goldy's that would make a nice rain hat!!!

If it looks like a sure-thing rain game, I am going to pull out the heavy artillery in the form of my Cabelas Guide Wear.

How is this for planning ahead: I bought it two years ago and while I was shopping for it I picked through the most common colors (Red/black, Blue/black) to select the rare light tan/dark tan combo. I bought it for fishing but I literally planned in advance having something that would work well on Gopher game days in the new stadium

bump given the weather situation for the game vs the BADgers

countdownclub.jpg

Top Bottom