Max Brosmer is the QB this program needed | Story

TonyLiebert

Reaction score

Now we have to go through all the hand wringing next year all over again wondering if Lindsay stays or not.

This signing impact is in the range of Wisconsin bringing in Tanner Mordecai last season. He wasn't as good as the hype out of the gate but definitely a QB you can be confident in to run an offense and possibly deliver big games.

While I agree with the premise of your statement, I'll gladly bank on 4 years of FCS college performance vs limited high school experience as a way to evaluate a prospect.
The Tanner Mordecai comparisons that have been made feel pretty accurate to me. Brosmer might not be a superstar but at the bare minimum he will be a solid QB who should be able to step in and be an immediate upgrade at the position over what we had in AK.

I'm curious to see if we try and bring in another QB as well similar to what Wisconsin did this past off season. Best case scenario next year would be for Drake Lindsay to be able to redshirt and adjust to the college game. And as it sits right now he would likely be forced into game action if anything happens to Brosmer.

I wonder if maybe they will find a way to convince Kramer to come back for another year. I know he participated in Senior day and might be done with football but it is possible he could have a change of heart and decide to give it one more year similar to what Rhoda did back in 2017. To the best of my knowledge he hasn't made any definitive comments in regards to next year beyond taking part in senior day which is not a guarantee a player is gone.

The Tanner Mordecai comparisons that have been made feel pretty accurate to me. Brosmer might not be a superstar but at the bare minimum he will be a solid QB who should be able to step in and be an immediate upgrade at the position over what we had in AK.

I'm curious to see if we try and bring in another QB as well similar to what Wisconsin did this past off season. Best case scenario next year would be for Drake Lindsay to be able to redshirt and adjust to the college game. And as it sits right now he would likely be forced into game action if anything happens to Brosmer.

I wonder if maybe they will find a way to convince Kramer to come back for another year. I know he participated in Senior day and might be done with football but it is possible he could have a change of heart and decide to give it one more year similar to what Rhoda did back in 2017. To the best of my knowledge he hasn't made any definitive comments in regards to next year beyond taking part in senior day which is not a guarantee a player is gone.
Kramer looks like he is throwing an anvil. I would try Jim's kid first.

This is a perfect example of when something doesn't work out, do the opposite.

Going from a toolsy, raw 4* with accuracy and processing weaknesses to a FCS athlete who lists accuracy, processing, and experience as his strengths.

This sounds a lot like a return to the Tanner Morgan era. Which is good.

Huge get. With the exception of losing Evans, so far we’ve weathered the portal storm pretty well. Hoping we bring in another QB in the portal and/or convince Kramer to return. 2 scholarship QBs isn’t enough.

Since Marqueis there have probably been at least five QB commitments that were supposed to be the big one for the Gophers. This kid is coming from BCS, no? Let's see it on the field. Finally having a QB better than Weber/Leidner/Morgan for two years might lead me to watch a few more games with interest.

Since Marqueis there have probably been at least five QB commitments that were supposed to be the big one for the Gophers. This kid is coming from BCS, no? Let's see it on the field. Finally having a QB better than Weber/Leidner/Morgan for two years might lead me to watch a few more games with interest.
It's like the gopher hockey program supposedly getting great recruits then choking in the postseason.

Good idea getting a competent QB. Color me a little skeptical when he honed his skills beating powerhouses like Stonehill and SUNY Stoneybrook. He did beat Maine. Always good when you can hand it to a bunch of Mainiacs. That experience should help against Wisconsin.

It's like the gopher hockey program supposedly getting great recruits then choking in the postseason.
The Gophers have great hockey recruits. They aren't supposed. The postseason choking could be debated. 1 and done tournament in hockey is tough - doesn't always crown the "best" team as champion. But they certainly have missed a couple great opportunities ('14 and '23 for sure).

Not long ago many of the Gopherhole experts were upset when Mordecai was ranked higher than AK in Big Ten QB rankings. Oh how times have changed

If Kramer has a solid day in Detroit he’s the kind of guy who might come back as the insurance backup. There’s a lot of maroon and gold in his veins.

Top Bottom