Maturi/Tubby dropped the ball

It was 100% impossible for Maturi or Smith to set a number of Games for Royce white to be suspended. The day the shoplifting even happened he was suspended from the team. From that case it probably takes a coach/AD a week or two to determine what is the correct amount of time for a suspension depending how the court rules. Problem was, within a week later he is a suspect in another theft. Tubby and Maturi didnt have time to set one suspension before he was maybe involved in another. So this is probably exactly what happened, if Royce would have been found guilty of theft AGAIN he would have been kicked off the team, but if he was found innocent he stays on the team but with the labtop theft case they could not risk letting him play because he may have served his "first suspension" in hopes the second case he is found innocent.

If only the MOA incident occured he would have been playing over a month ago. But when a second incident happens which will determine if the player stays on the team or not they must wait it out. Royce put Tubby and Matura in a tight spot and they had no choice. Believe me I am a huge White fan and still hope he plays for the gophers next year but I believe they had no choice.

Let's not forget that these trespassing charges run a little deeper. Royce was told by the powers that be to not be in that dorm. Now it might seem petty to some but it once again showed Royce's lack of respect for authority and that he feels the rules don't apply to him.

There are multiple issues surrounding RW that we know about and quite possibly some we don't know about.

The idea that the Coach and AD must inform us fans of all the details is absurd.

Top Bottom