Maturi says USC game to be at 11am or 2:30pm

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Maturi was on the Sports Huddle today, and he said that they requested for the USC game to be a night game, but that likely won't happen and they are waiting to find out if it will be at 11am or 2:30pm. I'm not sure how often teams like USC/UCLA, etc. play at 9am local time while on the road, but that certainly could impact the second biggest TV market in the country.

Go Gophers!!

2:30 PLEASE!!! But I'm not holding my breath, the Cal game was at 11:00 IIRC

Yuck

I like that the Gohpers get on national television most of the time. But, when you don't own your home, you don't get to call the shots. These are some of the kinds of things that concern me going to a mega conference.

2:30 PLEASE!!! But I'm not holding my breath, the Cal game was at 11:00 IIRC

You are correct. The Cal was an 11 AM game and their fans were worried because previously Cal had lost away games played in the morning. I'm hopeful for a 2:30 game too but if the early start gives us even the slightest advantage I'd want that.

i hoping for a 2:30 start and i think that will be what they give us.

Are there no single game tickets available for this or any other game? Everywhere I look, it seems only the week of the game they're available... that can't be right?

Big 10 games of consequence that day:

Iowa @ Arizona
Notre Dame @ Michigan State
Arizona State @ Wisconsin

Big 10 games of consequence that day:

Iowa @ Arizona
Notre Dame @ Michigan State
Arizona State @ Wisconsin

My guess is Iowa @ Arizona is at night on Fox Sports Net.

Notre Dame @ Michigan State is confirm for night game.

Arizona State @ Wisconsin is my guess on ESPN at 11 AM.

UW game is at night

Link. here is the confirm primetime game, as announced by the Big Ten.

Here is the full schedule based on the Big Ten release:

Sept. 2: Marshall at Ohio State, BTN 7:30 p.m. ET
Sept. 2: Towson vs. Indiana, BTN 7:30 p.m. ET
Sept. 11: Miami at Ohio State, ESPN, 3:40 p.m. ET
Sept. 11: Southern Illinois vs. Illinois, BTN 7:30 p.m. ET
Sept. 18: Notre Dame at Michigan State, ABC, 8 p.m. ET
Sept. 25: Akron at Indiana, BTN 7:00 p.m. ET
Sept. 25: Northern Illinois at Minnesota, BTN 8:30 p.m. ET
Oct. 2: Penn State at Iowa, ABC or ESPN or ESPN2, 8 p.m. ET
Oct. 9: Purdue at Northwestern, BTN 7:30 p.m. ET
Oct. 16: Ohio State at Wisconsin, ESPN or ESPN2, 7:15 p.m. ET
Oct. 30: Ohio State at Minnesota, ABC or ESPN or ESPN2, 8 p.m. ET
Oct. 30: Michigan at Penn State, ABC or ESPN or ESPN2, 8 p.m. ET

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/042110aaa.html

Link. here is the confirm primetime game, as announced by the Big Ten.

Here is the full schedule based on the Big Ten release:

Sept. 2: Marshall at Ohio State, BTN 7:30 p.m. ET
Sept. 2: Towson vs. Indiana, BTN 7:30 p.m. ET
Sept. 11: Miami at Ohio State, ESPN, 3:40 p.m. ET
Sept. 11: Southern Illinois vs. Illinois, BTN 7:30 p.m. ET
Sept. 18: Notre Dame at Michigan State, ABC, 8 p.m. ET
Sept. 25: Akron at Indiana, BTN 7:00 p.m. ET
Sept. 25: Northern Illinois at Minnesota, BTN 8:30 p.m. ET
Oct. 2: Penn State at Iowa, ABC or ESPN or ESPN2, 8 p.m. ET
Oct. 9: Purdue at Northwestern, BTN 7:30 p.m. ET
Oct. 16: Ohio State at Wisconsin, ESPN or ESPN2, 7:15 p.m. ET
Oct. 30: Ohio State at Minnesota, ABC or ESPN or ESPN2, 8 p.m. ET
Oct. 30: Michigan at Penn State, ABC or ESPN or ESPN2, 8 p.m. ET

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/042110aaa.html
If I'm one of the few Indiana faithful, I'm pretty steamed that my opportunities to watch the Hoosiers in primetime are limited to Towson and Akron. Yuck.

Why is there so much preference for night games? I prefer the daytime.

I love 11am starts. Nothing like watching your team and then going to the bar or home to watch the rest of the day's action.

It's Yom Kippur

That really stinks as Sept. 18 will be Yom Kippur.

My guess is we will get a afternoon game with USC, The USC fans are not going to want a 9AM PST game and we all know that USC gets whatever they want.

I love 11am starts. Nothing like watching your team and then going to the bar or home to watch the rest of the day's action.
The later the start time, the rowdier the students (and the majority of the rest of the crowd) will be.

This USC fan would prefer an afternoon game. My feeling is that college football and all its traditions are at its best when the games are played outdoors, on real grass, and in the afternoon.

I'm looking forward to taking in the Minnesota Experience come September 18th......

Fight On!

The earlier the better. Make those Southern Cal pretty boys wake up as early as possible. Take any (small) advantage the Gophers can get.

Are there no single game tickets available for this or any other game? Everywhere I look, it seems only the week of the game they're available... that can't be right?

Since single game tickets usually don't go on sale until June, you are right. They have until June to do the season ticket holder moves/reallocations. In through the nose...:eek:

I'd be a bigger fan of the 2:30 game so that the kids can nap in the car while I tail gate, and then I don't have to worry about trying to worry about delaying their nap+dealing with over tired kids.

Maturi, think of the families!

I love night games and loath 11 AM starts.

The 2 best atmospheres last year were the 2 night games (AFA and MSU). Even if the Gophers would have lost either, it was still much more enjoyable than the Cal game for instance.

For an energized fanbase, you can't beat a night game and it's a slam dunk argument.

I prefer a jazzed up crowd.

I'd much rather have a night game early in the year when the chances of the weather cooperating are higher. We got lucky on Halloween last year, but I was disappointed to see the OSU game on Oct. 30th this year slated for 7 p.m. I don't think we can get that lucky two years in a row.

haha how funny would it be if we beat USC. I wonder what Seantrel Henderson look on his face would look like? This maybe? :eek: or this? :cry: Actually probably this :pig: !! Hahah jk but this would be classic! hed be really confused :confused:

I'd much rather have a night game early in the year when the chances of the weather cooperating are higher. We got lucky on Halloween last year, but I was disappointed to see the OSU game on Oct. 30th this year slated for 7 p.m. I don't think we can get that lucky two years in a row.

I dunno...I kind of want to attend a game in that crazy NE Patriot super blizzard weather once. I'm also a little bit crazy. And my crazy wish would be best enjoyed during a season where we have a strong running game.

Homecoming kickoffs announced for several teams according to ESPN LINK

Games involving the Gophs:
NW @ MN October 2, 11:00
MN @ WI October 9, 11:00
MN @ Purdue October 16, 11:00

Homecoming kickoffs announced for several teams according to ESPN LINK

Games involving the Gophs:
NW @ MN October 2, 11:00
MN @ WI October 9, 11:00
MN @ Purdue October 16, 11:00

Yay for 11 AM kick-offs :cool:. Although if we're only 2 teams Homecoming I guess that's a compliment. Better then the 3-4 some years.

I dunno...I kind of want to attend a game in that crazy NE Patriot super blizzard weather once. I'm also a little bit crazy. And my crazy wish would be best enjoyed during a season where we have a strong running game.

+1. I'm waiting for the time when we do have a blizzard game at the New Brickhouse.

Not a fan of the 11 AM starts at all. I can tolerate the homecoming ones, but those other ones are a real drag.

Top Bottom