Maryland game time?

Jeshurun

King of the Too's
Reaction score
Anybody have the inside scoop on the game time when Maryland comes to town? I just won some Section 110 tix at a company charity auction and I’m going to try to get some non-Gopher Minnesotan friends to come with me and get excited about the program.

Last edited:

Anybody have the inside scoop on the game time when Maryland comes to town? I just won some Section 114 tix at a company charity auction and I’m going to try to get some non-Gopher Minnesotan friends to come with me and get excited about the program.

They should announce it this coming Monday - unless they make it a special option game and then we have to wait til the Monday following the Rutgers game.

yeah, that's the policy. they normally announce on Monday for the game on the following weekend - 12 days advance notice. But, in certain cases, the TV networks can designate a game in a different category, and then they can wait until 6 days before the game to set the time.

So, unless Maryland gets put in the special category, they'll announce the kickoff time at some point on Monday, the 14th.

Good to know. Thanks guys. I just checked the tickets and I’m actually in Section 110. Lot 37 pass for tailgating. Hopefully it’s one of those Indian Summer days.

It should be announced on Monday as others have said.

My totally wild guess is a 2:30 kick.

We are overdue for an 11:00 AM start. That's my prediction (based on nothing but the law of averages)

We are overdue for an 11:00 AM start. That's my prediction (based on nothing but the law of averages)

was thinking this too. We havent had an 11am start yet this year i believe.

It should be announced on Monday as others have said.

My totally wild guess is a 2:30 kick.

2:30 would be nice for some pregame food and bevs in the lot. I’ve never tailgated before at TCF. Anybody happen to know what the basic rules and regulations are for lot 37?

I did hear on the DP Show from a FOX announcer, that on the weeks were they get 1st choice of games their strategy is to make that the 11am tilt as they feel it's the best chance to showcase a Big 10 match-up. There is less competition than in the 2:30p (head to head with CBS/SEC) or Prime Time windows.

Looking at Oct 26, it it rather unique to have 8 games involving Big 10 teams that late in the season. No byes. No Friday PT games. 2 teams playing NonConf. Only 1 game time has been announced that week, but it's already an 11am game (Iowa/Purdue). Gophers will be somewhere on the Mouse channels.

Saturday, October 26
Matchup Time (ET) TV
17 Iowa at Northwestern 12:00pm TV TBA
Illinois at Purdue Time TBA TV TBA
Indiana at Nebraska Time TBA TV TBA
Liberty at Rutgers Time TBA TV TBA
Maryland at Minnesota Time TBA ABC/ESPN/2 TBA
9 Notre Dame at 16 Michigan Time TBA ABC/ESPN/2 TBA
10 Penn State at Michigan State Time TBA TV TBA
8 Wisconsin at 3 Ohio State Time TBA TV TBA

My hunch, slightly better than 50/50 chance that it's a late afternoon kick.

Anybody have the inside scoop on the game time when Maryland comes to town? I just won some Section 110 tix at a company charity auction and I’m going to try to get some non-Gopher Minnesotan friends to come with me and get excited about the program.

We've had a run of 2:30 games, so 11 a.m. is probable. Hard to see it as a night game.

We've had a run of 2:30 games, so 11 a.m. is probable. Hard to see it as a night game.

IF by chance (knock on wood) we are undefeated at that point, would think that becomes another 2:30 game, there won't be that many undefeateds left standing.

By the way, I’d like to apologize to everyone for the negative effect my thread will have on team performance against Nebraska and Rutgers. It was truly not my intention to distract from the Nebraska prep by looking ahead.

By the way, I’d like to apologize to everyone for the negative effect my thread will have on team performance against Nebraska and Rutgers. It was truly not my intention to distract from the Nebraska prep by looking ahead.

I stayed focused and concentrated on the Nebraska game. No harm done.

2:30 would be nice for some pregame food and bevs in the lot. I’ve never tailgated before at TCF. Anybody happen to know what the basic rules and regulations are for lot 37?

Pretty sure Bring enough bevs for any/all random GHers who stop by is one... :p

Top Bottom