Marve out for season

gophmeister

Reaction score
Not that it makes any difference for our prospects against Purdue.

I would like to hear the opinions of MNboiler and other Purdue fans. Maybe we have a shot down in West Lafayette? I think they're bad.

Marve wasn't exactly impressive, either. Think he's a little overblown simply because he came from Miami. The bigger losses are the RB and Smith.

It definitely looks like the Gophers, Purdue, Indiana and maybe Illinois will be fighting to avoid 11th place.

Hooray, now we don't have the worst QB in the BT!

SelectionSunday- Those four teams you mention may also be in the sweepstakes for which coach gets S-canned at the end of the season. PU's coach may have a little breathing room, and not sure about Lynch @ iu, but Zook and Brewster may be bumping into each other at job fairs this winter

Marve wasn't exactly impressive, either. Think he's a little overblown simply because he came from Miami. The bigger losses are the RB and Smith.

It definitely looks like the Gophers, Purdue, Indiana and maybe Illinois will be fighting to avoid 11th place.

Michigan started last year 4-0, like this year and finished DFL in the B10 at 1-7. I want to see them in B10 play before I'm calling the back to their glory years.

I certainly haven't annointed Michigan as "back" to their glory days, far from it with that porous defense, but nevertheless the Wolverines sure as heck will finish ahead of at least 2 or 3 of the 4 teams I mentioned. Do any of those 4 teams have anything close to resembling Denard Robinson on either side of the ball?

To be fair, I don't think any political party would do particularly well playing against Big Ten opponents, they should really stick to elections.

What will Michigan do if Robinson gets hurt?

Unregistered User,

This is a gopher sports fan board, you shouldkeep your feelings about particular political parties to yourself. :)

I certainly haven't annointed Michigan as "back" to their glory days, far from it with that porous defense, but nevertheless the Wolverines sure as heck will finish ahead of at least 2 or 3 of the 4 teams I mentioned. Do any of those 4 teams have anything close to resembling Denard Robinson on either side of the ball?

I'm not saying they are going to be fighting for last place. And I was not insinuating that you anointed them either.

@Indiana
MSU
Iowa
@PSU
Illinois
@Purdue
Wisky
@tOSU

I just don't think it's a cakewalk, or easy to assume more than 3 victories this year either.

1) The Gophers-Boilers game has been unwatchable for the past few years.

2) It's not totally insane to remember Brewster isn't fired and 3 B10 wins, while improbable, is not inconceivable.

God created ACL's to spite Purdue. In the last 8 months 4 high profile Purdue athletes have torn there ACL's(Hummel, Marve, Smith, and Bolden). Most people in West Lafayette are pretty depressed right now about the state of the football team.

Henry isn't terrible as some have suggested but his arm needs some works, he can run. Little Tim Tebow like(I'm not comparing them just stating that there styles are similar in many areas.

But ya the bottom of the B10 is going to be terrible this year.

If Marve hadn't gotten a Miami offer coming out of high school. Purdue would have been picked as the preseason 11 in the conference (even with his 'talent' on the team). He is not a very good QB.

Michigan will struggle to get 8 wins this year. Their defense stinks and they have yet to play anyone. No MN on the schedule. They will beat the teams they should beat this year (purdue, Illinois). But even Indiana isnt an automatic W for them this year. I can't see them doing much better than 3-5 in the conference. The top 6 in the conference are as solid as ever. MSU game is a must win or Richrod will be shown the door after the season.

But even Indiana isnt an automatic W for them this year.

Man I hope Indiana beats them. They deserve that game after last year. This is probably the biggest game in Bloomington since, well, ever. I read that they think they'll be close to a sell out. Having been to the infamous 2000 game in Bloomington I can confirm, they don't get much fan support.

Man I hope Indiana beats them. They deserve that game after last year. This is probably the biggest game in Bloomington since, well, ever. I read that they think they'll be close to a sell out. Having been to the infamous 2000 game in Bloomington I can confirm, they don't get much fan support.

I loved when I was at Indiana for Gerry Dinardo's last Big Ten win against the gophers. Great game (except for the game). Parked 20 yards from my gate for 5 bucks. Fans were nice. The stadium design looks terrible on TV, but it actually makes sense when you see it in person.

I hope they get Michigan, I don't think they will. They almost got them last year, and Michigan's defense is bad enough where it could turn into a back and forth shootout. Anything could happen. Richrods seat will be real hot real quick if they don't start conference play 2-0. Cause I don't think they are beating Wisconsin or Ohio State at the end of the year. And 7-5 (3-5) gets him fired IMO. That Michigan State - Michigan Game is huge for both programs. If MSU beats WI this weekend, a win over MI makes them a Big Ten Title contender, if they lost to WI...a loss makes them irrelevant early.

Top Bottom