Martice Mitchell committed to Minnesota!!

BleedGopher

Administrator
per Marcus:

Before Martice Mitchell leads one of the top high school teams in the state of Illinois his senior season, he wanted to pick a college basketball program best suited to utilize his versatility at 6-10.

The four-star Chicago Heights Bloom High forward announced his decision Monday to be the first commitment in the Gophers’ 2020 recruiting class.

Mitchell, ranked as high as No. 125 in the country and the No. 3 senior in Illinois by 247Sports.com, picked Minnesota over Rutgers. Minnesota coach Richard Pitino has now landed a four-star recruit in six straight recruiting classes, dating back to 2015.

“I think they’re getting a hidden gem,” Mitchell’s mentor, trainer and AAU coach Aubrey DeNard said. “He’s a late bloomer, as far as how good he’s going to be. He’s going to be one of the best guys in the country by the end of this year. He’s very versatile. He can shoot the three, put it on the floor and post up.”

http://www.startribune.com/four-star-recruit-martice-mitchell-commits-to-richard-pitino-s-gophers/562475012/

Go Gophers!!

BleedGopher

Administrator
[SUB][/SUB]

Did I miss it? I listened to the video and didn’t hear MN commit once. That said it was tough to hear anything over the music. Does he actually say he’s committed to the U?
The video shows him wearing a Gopher shirt for a few seconds. That's it.

Go Gophers!!

Lakers612

He says "What if I told you I am proud to be a Gopher" then reveals the M.

Very cool. Very nice. Very excited

MennoSota

I trust the coaching staff. Looks like he'll need to spend time in the weight room. His stroke looks pure. Seems he'll be a kid who will be night and day different by the time he is a senior at UMN. I like watching that progress.

MDGopherFan

I trust the coaching staff. Looks like he'll need to spend time in the weight room. His stroke looks pure. Seems he'll be a kid who will be night and day different by the time he is a senior at UMN. I like watching that progress.
Meh...The kid's jacked compared to Chet Holmgren

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest profile posts