Mark Coyle contract extension.

Having spent time on multiple fan boards of other B1G schools, I can't think of one school where anyone has anything positive to say about their AD. Iowas fans loathe Gary Barta.

Are you talking Pitino? Because that deal literally cost the u of m zero money outside of salary for time served and was handled masterfully

or are you talking about someone else? I can’t tell your tone here
Pitino? He has nothing to do with Maturi. I was joking about how Maturi extended Glen Mason in Januray then fired him that December.

I didn't have a problem with the extension at the time but it didn't age well. I also didn't have an issue with Pitino getting one either I totally got it.

my opinion hasn't changed. Coyle is probably a very good "behind-the-scenes" managerial type.

But, there are times when the AD needs to be the public face of the athletic department, and Coyle is just not good in those situations.

I don't know how much that helps or hurts in terms of fund-raising. maybe that's something he can farm out. He might be better in a non-public setting. But his public persona just comes off very flat and unimpressive to me.

on the plus side, I don't think we have to worry about Coyle being accused of sexual harassment.
I completely disagree. I don't think most people could name an AD from any school except maybe someone like Jim Delaney. Hell I bet most people couldn't name the AD from their school unless they are donors or big fans like us.

The AD needs to be there to make announcements on hirings and firings and if there is a scandal. Otherwise they don't need to really have a public persona. The coaches are the face of the athletic department to the average fan.

Pitino? He has nothing to do with Maturi. I was joking about how Maturi extended Glen Mason in Januray then fired him that December.

I didn't have a problem with the extension at the time but it didn't age well. I also didn't have an issue with Pitino getting one either I totally got it.
You never mentioned any names so I was trying to figure out if you were talking about Coyle or maturi

You never mentioned any names so I was trying to figure out if you were talking about Coyle or maturi
If you had read back you would see this all started because Maturi was mentioned as being better than Coyle which I rebuked.

Top Bottom