Marion Barber III cause of death: Heat Stroke.

That wasn’t in my top 10 list for suspected cause of death.
Apparently he was found in his apartment that was about 90 degrees with workout equipment. Was known to workout in sauna like conditions.

He had mental health issues before his death.
If these were related to head trauma from his years in football will be determined by the autopsy.
He and others share the bizarre belief that exercising in a 90+ degree room is beneficial.
The room that he died in had the thermostat set at 91 degrees.

Dang. It's awful regardless...but that's completely avoidable.

Tragic death no matter the cause. I did see the family declined to have a full autopsy that could have determined if he had CTE.

He had mental health issues before his death.
If these were related to head trauma from his years in football will be determined by the autopsy.
He and others share the bizarre belief that exercising in a 90+ degree room is beneficial.
The room that he died in had the thermostat set at 91 degrees.
Familiar with hot yoga?

When we wintered over in Tucson a fellow I regularly played golf with did "hot yoga".
It sounded not only unpleasant but possibly harmful.

I’m guessing there is a feeling that you’re working out harder because you’re sweating a lot more in the heat. I’m assuming this is generally a false impression?

The only benefit I found in the heat is the ability to loosen up easier. Especially notice it golfing.

Tragic death no matter the cause. I did see the family declined to have a full autopsy that could have determined if he had CTE.
Playing devils advocate. The family might have seen some mental issues at a young age. And decided they didn't want it blamed on CTE. By the way my sister has a mental illness and we could all see it at a young age.

Very sad indeed. Pretty sure he requested no brain analysis upon his death.

Makes sense, working out in Texas with your apartment set at 100 degrees.

It's sad.

This may not be a popular opinion, but for me, it's easier to accept something like this - an accident - as opposed to drugs or some other self-inflected situation.

As a Vikings fan, I remember Kory Stringer. An NFL player in the prime of his career died of heat stroke - and that happened during a practice with a full medical and training staff on hand.

based on what I've read, sounds like Barber liked to work out in those conditions. he had done it before and didn't expect anything bad to happen. that puts it in the category of an accidental death.

I was trying to pay attention last night, but it didn't appear that they had a moment of silence or anything for MB3. Maybe the family didn't want it or something but thought that was kind of odd there wasn't anything.

I thought of it during the "Jersey Mikes Jersey Cam" and was reminded how many #21 jerseys fans still wear to the games.

They did acknowledge him on the broadcast on BTN, but I was wondering if they did anything in the game.

Ope3 made a comment about it being too loud. Not sure if he deleted/edited his post or my message jumped threads.

Ope3 made a comment about it being too loud. Not sure if he deleted/edited his post or my message jumped threads.
Yep, my bad. Meant to post the noise comment in the Cannon thread.

Back to MBIII, Ibrahim's 2nd TD yesterday ties them currently for 3rd on the All-time Gopher list with 35.

They are 1 behind MBJr. 1st is DT with 43.

I was trying to pay attention last night, but it didn't appear that they had a moment of silence or anything for MB3. Maybe the family didn't want it or something but thought that was kind of odd there wasn't anything.

I thought of it during the "Jersey Mikes Jersey Cam" and was reminded how many #21 jerseys fans still wear to the games.
I was one on the Jumbotron!

The camera focused on a fan wearing a 21 jersey and he kept mouthing Marion Barber, Marion Barber. Great moment!

Wore it purposely, given MB3s passing.
Ignore my post below! Thanks for doing that! It was awesome. Now about that haircut...(joke) actually, I didn't really get a chance to notice you. Just the holding out of the 21 and the saying Marion Barber! Awesome!

Ignore my post below! Thanks for doing that! It was awesome. Now about that haircut...(joke) actually, I didn't really get a chance to notice you. Just the holding out of the 21 and the saying Marion Barber! Awesome!
I’ve given up on hair! 😂😂

Top Bottom