Mariano Sori-Marin has right ingredients

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Jose:

Years before he grew into one of the best linebackers in the Big Ten, Mariano Sori-Marin began to shine in the culinary arts. The University of Minnesota star could often be seen in his family’s spacious kitchen in the southern suburbs of Chicago.

When he wasn’t sitting at the kitchen’s island and observing his mother Katrina, Mariano would pull a step stool up to the stove and cook meals. The Minnesota middle linebacker cooked a little bit of everything and anything growing up.

He spent countless hours watching his mother bake. Then as he grew into his powerful 6-foot-3 frame that now carries 245 pounds, he could often be seen next to his mother, whether she was at the stove or firing something at the grill.

“I love cooking for other people too, just getting people together; sharing in a meal is kind of what makes food so special,” he said. “It just brings people together. That’s how it’s been my whole life.

“Growing up watching my mom cook, my grandparents cook, just the closest people around me were great cooks. So that just kind of drove my love for cooking and love for food. And, you know, I wanted to be able to do that for other people in my life as well.”

Go Gophers!!

“He loves to cook and makes food for his roommates and a few of his teammates."

Who wouldn't want this guy as a roommate!

Top Bottom