Maresh and Reeves.......

sonnygarcia

Reaction score
These guys look to be redshirting, has anyone heard anything about eithers progress this summer and thus far this season? I know Sammy is working hard to put the calf issue behind him, but haven't heard to what extent it is still affecting him? I was hoping Reeves would be getting some spot duty this year??

Hopefully both can be ready to make an impact next year as we will have a little hole to fill there

I have heard Reeves will be ready to roll a year from now along with Maresh. Reeves was able to get into great shape and gain the weight he needed to play at in the Big Ten. Along with Cooper, Singleton and Tinsley, the Gophers have some great young talent at the LB position. Singleton is also using this season to gain some weight for next season.

I have heard Reeves will be ready to roll a year from now along with Maresh. Reeves was able to get into great shape and gain the weight he needed to play at in the Big Ten. Along with Cooper, Singleton and Tinsley, the Gophers have some great young talent at the LB position. Singleton is also using this season to gain some weight for next season.

Reeves is not redshirting. He has played on special teams this year. Since our starting LBs all graduate this year it makes sense to get Reeves into game situations even if its just special teams (especially since he essentially sat out last year). Sam is redshirting this year according to comments made by his father. That makes sense too since its been only a year since open heart surgery and less than a year with his calf issue. I believe Singleton is also redhshirting. Based on playing time this year, starting LBs next year appears to be Tinsley, Cooper, and likely one of the following (Reeves, Maresh, or Singleton).

You know, in reference to the other thread on recruiting, but i am really happy with the talent we have in the pipeline. The depth is really starting to build. In years past, we'd lose a good player and hope one guy does a good enough job to replace him. Now, we have a couple guys who have showed something and you are hoping one of them distinguishes themselves. I love having more than one option.

Reeves is not redshirting. He has played on special teams this year. Since our starting LBs all graduate this year it makes sense to get Reeves into game situations even if its just special teams (especially since he essentially sat out last year). Sam is redshirting this year according to comments made by his father. That makes sense too since its been only a year since open heart surgery and less than a year with his calf issue. I believe Singleton is also redhshirting. Based on playing time this year, starting LBs next year appears to be Tinsley, Cooper, and likely one of the following (Reeves, Maresh, or Singleton).

Who would you rather have out of the Reeves, Maresh or Singleton group? just curious. It seems to me that reeves has been flying under the radar as of late, and I was waiting for someone to bring him up.

anyone that isn't playing much will fly under the radar. Its impossible to say who's better at this point since none have played but at this point I'd guess Reeves would be the other starter just based on the fact that he's playing ST this year. I also won't be shocked if Rallis ends up as an LB

anyone that isn't playing much will fly under the radar. Its impossible to say who's better at this point since none have played but at this point I'd guess Reeves would be the other starter just based on the fact that he's playing ST this year. I also won't be shocked if Rallis ends up as an LB

I know realistically he hasn't really been flying under the radar from a performance stand point but he definitely was highly regarded coming in and I thought he would have gotten some more publicity around here. Part of this may be due to the fact he missed what would have been his freshman campaign because of grade issues.

Come to think of it, during the scrimmage televised on the BTN, was he even playing with the second team defense? 6'1 200+ pound backer with 4.5 speed sounds good to me, especially if he is anything like his high school teammate Cooper looks to be turning out.

Speaking of Maresh, is Sam able to do full weight lifting and cardio training with his heart? Thanks!

Speaking of Maresh, is Sam able to do full weight lifting and cardio training with his heart? Thanks!
He has a full green light, we haven't seen him because he lost a lot of strength, he also isn't full speed. I've heard he's red shirting to give him enough time to get all of his stength back and fully up to speed.

I also won't be shocked if Rallis ends up as an LB

That's a good call.

He is likely out for the season, correct? It would be great to get him a medical redshirt and still get 3 more years out of him. He will help the defense somehow, just not sure how.

I think next year's gonna be an exciting, terrible, frustrating, exhilirating adventure full of talented young guys who make some real bone headed mistakes. Cooper will play this season and seems a lock for next year on one side. Tinsley and Maresh will battle for the middle (I wouldn't be shocked to see Tinsley move outside if Sammy is 100%). The other side could be Reeves or Singleton but don't be shocked if a Juco steps in either. Any way you slice it we're going to be young, fast and athletic. Here's hoping the learning curve is not too steep.

Top Bottom