Man, I didn't know how close U & Penn.St. were in stats!

I just can’t believe anybody who follows college football would think the Gophers could “blow out” Penn St. Do you know anything about Penn St? Have you watched them? This isn’t a team ranked 60th or worse like pretty much all of the Gophers opponents to this point. This is the #5 ranked team in the country. Just an itty bitty difference. If anything, this will be an extremely hard fought win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I follow college football. Way back in October of 2018, I remember Purdue blowing out #3 Ohio State 49-20. If I go way back in my memory, I can remember Iowa blowing out #3 Ohio State in zNovember of 2017, 55-24.

GaSo just beat previously unbeaten App State!

Gopher SOS just keeps going up!

Go Gophers!

I just can’t believe anybody who follows college football would think the Gophers could “blow out” Penn St. Do you know anything about Penn St? Have you watched them? This isn’t a team ranked 60th or worse like pretty much all of the Gophers opponents to this point. This is the #5 ranked team in the country. Just an itty bitty difference. If anything, this will be an extremely hard fought win.

I think we win by 17+.

Penn St doesn't have a great running game.
They have a very good, small WR.
We've played against a couple good WR's before.

We will score.
And we can stop them.

The bolded parts above continue to show you just don’t get it. You say you do, maybe think you do, but you don’t. Message boards are not a place to expect everyone to think just like you. Their point is discussion and debate between differing opinions. You may be 27 but suggesting we segregate people that don’t think the same way you do is pretty childish.

I wouldn’t ACTUALLY want segregation of the message board, notice how I didn’t ACTUALLY start a separate thread like I said I would. I was merely taking a shot at all the people that like to throw wrenches into good positive threads. I get what forums are for. What I was trying to point out is that even an 8-0 team can’t satisfy a large number of Gopher fans, and that it’s kinda sad how much bitching people will do when things are looking great. I’m not expecting people to agree with me on minor detail stuff, or even larger detail stuff. I’m only expecting that people be more positive, because we don’t know how much longer we have to just enjoy sitting as fans of an undefeated Gopher squad. You and many others enjoy arguing with fellow fans while we should all be pumped and basking in the light of what we’ve seen so far this season. Good for you, hope when we dip into the next season of disappointment (whenever that will be) that you don’t look back and think “damn, I should have just enjoyed it when it was there”.

I wouldn’t ACTUALLY want segregation of the message board, notice how I didn’t ACTUALLY start a separate thread like I said I would. I was merely taking a shot at all the people that like to throw wrenches into good positive threads. I get what forums are for. What I was trying to point out is that even an 8-0 team can’t satisfy a large number of Gopher fans, and that it’s kinda sad how much bitching people will do when things are looking great. I’m not expecting people to agree with me on minor detail stuff, or even larger detail stuff. <b>I’m only expecting that people be more positive, </b>because we don’t know how much longer we have to just enjoy sitting as fans of an undefeated Gopher squad. You and many others enjoy arguing with fellow fans while <b>we should all be pumped and basking in the light of what we’ve seen so far this season. </b>Good for you, hope when we dip into the next season of disappointment (whenever that will be) that you don’t look back and think “damn, I should have just enjoyed it when it was there”.

Thanks for your concern. I’m enjoying the season just fine. Have already made it to a couple games, including a road game, and have my tickets in hand for Wisconsin. I wish my schedule allowed me to make more but I am enjoying watching the games on TV. Even more than usual, TBH.

Gophers are 8-0! Penn State could be our signature win. The whole season rides on this game. If we lose people will continue to say we took advantage of a really soft schedule and are not a real B1G contender. If we win we will be boosted to a top ten ranking, be considered a monster in the west and Iowa will be scared ****less to play Minnesota at Kinnick. Im sure everyone on the board wants the Gophers to win this saturday, the chance that it happens is unlikely. But Im hopeful and excited for the game. IMO the Naysayers just have weak hearts and have been burned one too many times by MN sports teams/love interests.

Gophers are 8-0! Penn State could be our signature win. The whole season rides on this If we lose people will continue to say we took advantage of a really soft schedule and are not a real B1G contender. If we win we will be boosted to a top ten ranking, be considered a monster in the west and Iowa will be scared ****less to play Minnesota at Kinnick. Im sure everyone on the board wants the Gophers to win this saturday, the chance that it happens is unlikely. But Im hopeful and excited for the game. IMO the Naysayers just have weak hearts and have been burned one too many times by MN sports teams/love interests.

Lot of season left even if we lose.

Its fair to wonder how the Gophers will fair vs PSU and I don’t think it qualifies as trolling or negativity. The line play is usually what separates the elite from the good. Stating the obvious but the story of this game may come down to our offensive line vs their defensive line. This is a talent and execution issue on an individual and team level vs a quick and disruptive PSU front. Absolutely possible the guys have improved enough to do well but until we see the game there’s no way to say for certain.

HUGE GAME, HUGE OPPORTUNITY, AND HUGE CHALLENGE. Unlike some others I will absolutely be super excited if we pull this out as significant underdogs and mildly surprise the pundits.

It’s a signature win in terms of us beating the #5 team, but I think people are over playing the skill difference between the two teams. I see so many people saying how Penn State is an 8-0 power house, but we’re 8-0 and it’s debatable if we deserve to be ranked #13 due to our schedule.

TALON- Yes a Gopher win over Penn. State would be a signature game. You can debate where a lot of teams are ranked at this point, if you look at the different polls I dare say you would disagree with many of the positions some teams are ranked at. Still Minnesota is ranked #13 in most polls. One poll I looked at had you at #17 so #13 is close to what the MAJORITY of pollsters have you at. GSU was supposed to be out skilled by #25, unbeaten, App. State. With a win over PS you should at least jump to #10

Can't believe I'm siding with Talon on this one..

Why can't you believe that your siding with TALON? When GSU lost to the Gophers I came back and nongraduated you for your win. I also stated that you would be one of the few FBS teams I would be pulling for.

I follow college football. Way back in October of 2018, I remember Purdue blowing out #3 Ohio State 49-20. If I go way back in my memory, I can remember Iowa blowing out #3 Ohio State in zNovember of 2017, 55-24.

TALON -(ON ANY GIVEN SATURDAY) I also commented on how the Gopher team has really turned it on after your first 3 games.

QUOTE=Otis;1828373]GaSo just beat previously unbeaten App State!

TALON - Like I said - (ON ANY GIVEN SATURDAY) I saw NO predictions from any sports predictors that GSU would win or had a chance and rightfully so.
The GSU vs App. State game was the first time I watched GSU put a full game together against a very good opponent. I know GSU blew out a G5, 0-7 team the week before and that was nice for a win for a win's sake.

I get my attitude that I will always choose GSU to win from our old FCS days playing for 8 National Championships winning 6, were in the playoffs almost every year under 3 different HCs, and our first 2 years in FBS under HC Fritz. Yes GSU has lost some of it shine over the last 4 years under 3 different Head Coaches and staffs. GSU had a nice comeback year last year and think we can win our last 3 games and have a decent year.

Gopher SOS just keeps going up!

Go Gophers![/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Top Bottom