Madison victory scene - could have been us

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
A friend of Alvarez told me years ago that Barry wanted Minnesota (inspired by what Holtz told him of the job) but Minnesota wouldn't fire Gutekunst in the late eighties and Barry took Wisconsin in '90 and built toward what we saw tonight. Gutekunst was then fired in '91.

To be a bit more current, three guys with Gopher/Minnesota connections played a big role for them tonight: Gilreath returns opening kick for a TD, former Gopher commit Watt was in OSU's backfield all night with 3 sacks and Eden Prairie LB Sorenson who was not recruited by us gets game clinching INT.

Go Gophers!!

To be a bit more current, three guys with Gopher/Minnesota connections played a big role for them tonight: Gilreath returns opening kick for a TD, former Gopher commit Watt was in OSU's backfield all night with 3 sacks and Eden Prairie LB Sorenson who was not recruited by us gets game clinching INT.

Go Gophers!!

Geeze, and we missed out on these guys to go get Florida, Texas, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, et al potential recruits who have trouble tackling a tackling dummy. Whoda thunk it.

did they really need to rush the field? are the badgers not ranked? act like they have been there before. very poor scene but what do you expect from Sconnie

Recruit football players, not "athletes"

It all comes down to blocking and tackling. Always has, always will.

did they really need to rush the field? are the badgers not ranked? act like they have been there before. very poor scene but what do you expect from Sconnie

Taking out the number one team in the nation? Yeah, I think that was a fair rush.

Taking out the number one team in the nation? Yeah, I think that was a fair rush.

for a ranked team *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# no, like i said act like you've been there before. Wisconsin always talks *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# about being so good. how about show some sportsmanship and act like it

umm, no. they deserve to rush the field.

this was their michigan 03 game. and they did not blow it.

If we could go back in time and win that michigan game, my azz would be jumping on that field.

When the #1 team in the country is beaten by the challenger at the challenger's home stadium, the fans rush the field. This has been going on since the beginning of time practically....

umm, no. they deserve to rush the field.

this was their michigan 03 game. and they did not blow it.

If we could go back in time and win that michigan game, my azz would be jumping on that field.

oh i don't disagree you do that when you are the gophers. but sconnie is always a top 25 team. no reason to rush the field for beating a #1

When you beat the #1 team in the country, tell us how you react. Personally, I was just glad the stadium security reacted in a way that minimized the potential harm to students. We've seen the effects of lack of planning for such and it was heartbreaking (see Michigan 1993).

They beat the #1 ranked team

ANY time a team beats or upsets the number one team in the country they are justified to celebrate that way. Just because the Gophers have not done it like since 1977 does not mean that you do not celebrate that way. Beating number 1 is a big deal even if we dislike them.

Knocking off the sitting #1, particularly when early in the Reagan administration is the last time you did so, is always grounds to charge the field.

Knocking off the sitting #1, particularly when early in the Reagan administration is the last time you did so, is always grounds to charge the field.

You are absolutely correct, as long as no one gets hurt...let them have some fun. I only hope I get to see it at The Bank sometime in my lifetime. :)

Top Bottom