Mack Brown is Against Friday Night Football Now That He Doesn't Work the Games For ESPN

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Stephen:

The University of North Carolina Tar Heels football team will open and close their 2020 season with games on Friday nights. One person who does not like that is UNC head coach Mack Brown, who feels that Friday night should be "sacred" for high school football.

Brown had less to say about college football on Friday night when ESPN was paying him to work the broadcasts.

Between Brown's time at Texas and his return to North Carolina, he often worked Friday night games alongside Adam Amin - as long as his travel plans allowed it. Now that he's coaching again, he probably wants to curry favor with high school coaches he might need for recruiting purposes. So of course he's going to say he's against games on Friday nights.

The truth is, nobody with any sort of rooting interest in a high school football game is going to skip it to watch North Carolina Tar Heels football. Even if Brown has turned them into a team that went all the way to the Military Bowl last season.

Go Gophers!!

Brown had less to say about college football on Friday night when ESPN was paying him to work the broadcasts.

He didn't speak out against Friday night college football when his employer wanted there to be Friday night college football and was paying him to broadcast Friday night college football? I'm shocked.

He didn't speak out against Friday night college football when his employer wanted there to be Friday night college football and was paying him to broadcast Friday night college football? I'm shocked.

I'm also having trouble seeing the problem. We don't generally expect people to denounce their employers.

Hopefully he spoke up in a private meeting though. You can oppose something but be diplomatic about it. I agree you shouldn't blast your employer in public.

Friday night is for whatever. Who cares if high school football is being played. I'm not going to it. I think it's great that a few games are on to cap the work week.

Friday night is for whatever. Who cares if high school football is being played. I'm not going to it. I think it's great that a few games are on to cap the work week.

Yeah, for me, it's their business decision. I'm not outraged, I just think it's kind of short-sighted.

I'm okay with it once in awhile. But the Gophers will have 2 Friday night home games in 3 years. It wouldn't be so bad if they played a Friday night game every other year or every 3 years but it switches back and forth between home and away. Then there would only be a home one every 4-6 years.

I'm okay with it once in awhile. But the Gophers will have 2 Friday night home games in 3 years. It wouldn't be so bad if they played a Friday night game every other year or every 3 years but it switches back and forth between home and away. Then there would only be a home one every 4-6 years.

I also wouldn't be against the U working with the Big Ten and hosting a home football game every year during MEA. I think the U could really hype the day up as a Minnesota football recruiting day - get a bunch of Minnesota kids on campus for the day and bring them to the game. Just a thought.

I also wouldn't be against the U working with the Big Ten and hosting a home football game every year during MEA. I think the U could really hype the day up as a Minnesota football recruiting day - get a bunch of Minnesota kids on campus for the day and bring them to the game. Just a thought.
This has been suggested before and I think it's a great idea! It makes way too much sense for the B1G and the U though..... this has the potential to be a "thing" like black Friday Iowa/Nebby game. Lots of folks are upset with the schedule change the next two years.

Some high school playoff games are played on Saturdays! It’s a travesty to have high school and college games conflict!

Top Bottom