MAC ends bowl drought

Jike Spingleton

Traveling Champ
Reaction score
Central Michigan's double-overtime win in last night's GMAC Bowl was the Mid-American Conference's first bowl win in 15 tries, since CMU beat Middle Tennessee in the 2006 Motor City Bowl. Even though the Big Ten never sends a team to Detroit, this is why I don't like us being in that game - it's a lose-lose situation if there ever was one.

I agree, the Motor City/Little Ceasars trip is a lose/lose for the Big 10.

The irony for me regarding that game last night is it is pretty much the only bowl game I have missed (well, I missed a lot of them but it was the only bowl game I missed when I was at home, able to watch football, and made the CHOICE not to watch it). So, I CHOOSE not to watch it and it turns out to be a very entertaining game.

I agree, the Motor City/Little Ceasars trip is a lose/lose for the Big 10.

The irony for me regarding that game last night is it is pretty much the only bowl game I have missed (well, I missed a lot of them but it was the only bowl game I missed when I was at home, able to watch football, and made the CHOICE not to watch it). So, I CHOOSE not to watch it and it turns out to be a very entertaining game.

Sorry to hear that. We skipped most of the second half because we were watching Mythbusters from the DVR. We did see the last 5 minutes and the OT. Great game.

What I don't get is why the GMAC Bowl is one of the "run-up to the Championship Bowls?" I'm guessing that it's some kind of contract issue. Doesn't ESPN take over nearly all the Bowls next year? Isn't FOX out of the BSC broadcasts? Maybe it will straighten-out next year.

I agree....that game should be in december. Good game though.

I wondered about how Fisch would look if that Central Mich QB were running our Offense.

GM

Didn't Northwestern go to that bowl a couple years back?

Thank god we didn't draw that bowl. Dan LaFevour would have decimated our secondary. We had our hands full with that fairly incompetant Arnaud kid as it was.

Top Bottom