LSU pays Tulane to end series early - Might this bode well for a UM vs. LSU series?

Reaction score
LSU has paid Tulane $700,000 to void the final six years of their home-and-home series, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reported.

The mutually agreed-upon end of the series between the Louisiana rivals, announced Wednesday, came as LSU wanted to either play all of the remaining six games at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, or end the series in the interest of creating flexibility in its schedule.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4483965

There was some chatter on Gopherhole a couple weeks back that a UM vs. LSU home-and-homes series might be in the works. Could this news about LSU & Tulane ending their yearly match-up provide the scheduling flexibility needed to get a UM vs. LSU deal done?

I sure hope so, as I almost went to LSU because of how awesome Death Valley is. I did a lot of Habitat for Humanity work down in the Bayou after Katrina, and I have never been to a place where the atmosphere is crazy even on a Wednesday before a Saturday game. The towns actually shut down for the gameday, whereas I thought that was just a media rumor made up for movies and TV, but its actually true. The people were awesome, nice, and dedicated. Everything I hope the fanbase here becomes in the next couple of years, even though I know that would never happen with the MN people. If it were to be announced, I would 100% take that trip down there for the game...

Bring them here and get out of one of the cupcakes in 2010 or 2014.

2017 & 2018 are open for a big series. It can be done.

Bring them here and get out of one of the cupcakes in 2010 or 2014.

i'm pretty sure were not gonna put LSU and USC on next year's schedule.... and prob same with UNC and LSU. 2017 and 2018 would work... but it would have nothing to do with this agreement as Tulane and LSU's contract only went thru 2015

i'm pretty sure were not gonna put LSU and USC on next year's schedule.... and prob same with UNC and LSU. 2017 and 2018 would work... but it would have nothing to do with this agreement as Tulane and LSU's contract only went thru 2015

If the Gophers had LSU & USC in the same season, that would rank #2 all-time in toughest schedules behind the ESU Timberwolves slate of Mississippi State, Michigan, Iowa, North Carolina, Texas & Georgia Tech. :D

2017 & 2018 are open for a big series. It can be done.

Oregon State (certainly a formidible opponent) is already scheduled for 2017 and 2018
With Navy in 2019, 2020 and Colorado in 2021, 2022, it could be awhile.

But who knows, these schedules change all the time.

LSU dropped Tulane so they could schedule home games with no return away games against cupcakes. I don't see LSU interested in playing @ Minnesota. No recruiting or monetary benefit for them.

I know things change, but Navy does not stack up (football-wise) with these other teams. A top notch BCS team could be added to those years and it would be similar to this year (Cal and Air Force), which isn't too outrageous.

Nobody mentioned the fact TCF Bank Stadium is north of the Mason-Dixon Line. Which means that due to SEC law they can't play here. Sorry to bust everybody bubble.

Top Bottom