Lower level tickets available to the season opener for $3

It's a little disingenuous as the fees will likely be at least 5x the cost. But it is still absurdly cheap.

I will be treating the wife to damn near courtside seats for under $25 all-in. If she plays her cards right, she may earn an encore for the UTSA Roadrunners on Friday.

She is not a Gopher basketball fan or a basketball fan in general, but she's about to be when I tell her Bethune Cookman is one of the best teams in college basketball, and I'm just hoping we can keep it close.

At least Jim had fun offenses and amusing quotes.
...and head coaching experience!

Back on topic, throw in that there'll be $5 nachos tonight, and you're really LOSING money if you don't attend.

Just looked, and with fees, the $1 tickets become $9 each. Apparently I'm in the wrong business. Even with all the competition within this space, they all have crazy fees and presumably must be making really good money.

I've never sold via these sites - it's basically like consignment, correct? You list your tickets and if they don't sell, they're still your tickets? So the Seat Geeks, Stub Hubs, etc. don't actually have any inventory or risk - they're just facilitating the sale of tickets between people, and if tickets don't sell, they don't have to eat the tickets - they just don't earn any revenue?

Just looked, and with fees, the $1 tickets become $9 each. Apparently I'm in the wrong business. Even with all the competition within this space, they all have crazy fees and presumably must be making really good money.

I've never sold via these sites - it's basically like consignment, correct? You list your tickets and if they don't sell, they're still your tickets? So the Seat Geeks, Stub Hubs, etc. don't actually have any inventory or risk - they're just facilitating the sale of tickets between people, and if tickets don't sell, they don't have to eat the tickets - they just don't earn any revenue?
Yes. You can list them for whatever you want. If they don't sell you get $0. I guess some of our season ticket holders figure $3 is better than eating the ticket.

I tried to leave for good but they dragged me back in (for 1/2 the games at least). I can't believe how much I'm paying for this product.

If I lived closer to the Cities, I would jump on those prices.

But for me to attend a game, it's at least a 5-hour round trip drive (factor in cost of gas) - plus parking. so I'm not doing that for a non-conf game.

and let's face it. If you have a 50" or 60" 4K TV, watching the game from the couch with your own snacks - and a bathroom that is a few steps away - seems awfully attractive as compared to dealing with Twin Cities traffic, parking, etc. and that doesn't even take the eventual winter weather into account.

If I lived closer to the Cities, I would jump on those prices.

But for me to attend a game, it's at least a 5-hour round trip drive (factor in cost of gas) - plus parking. so I'm not doing that for a non-conf game.

and let's face it. If you have a 50" or 60" 4K TV, watching the game from the couch with your own snacks - and a bathroom that is a few steps away - seems awfully attractive as compared to dealing with Twin Cities traffic, parking, etc. and that doesn't even take the eventual winter weather into account.
Plus you would miss out on Ned and Karen's expert commentary on BTN +.....

Did anyone attend the game, besides the players? How many of these dollar store seats were empty?

I tried to leave for good but they dragged me back in (for 1/2 the games at least). I can't believe how much I'm paying for this product

“Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"​

- Michael Corleone

Top Bottom