Lots of doom and gloom, but I'm optimistic

U2Gopher

Reaction score
Yes, the o-line is a mess, but when you look at the rest of our schedule, other than Penn State and Ohio State, there isn't a team on the schedule that is vastly superior to us. Why couldn't we win every one of them? They are all going to be tough and if the o-line doesn't improve we may drop more than we win, but I'm not going to drink from the same kool-aid as many on here.

We've played three games folks, and regardless of how we got there, I'm willing to bet that before the season started 85-90% of us would have taken 2-1 going into Evanston. If the o-line makes strides, we'll be just fine. If they don't, we might have to go to Gray more at qb simply because we'll have to have a more mobile qb to survive. In the long run, that might be better anyway.

My overall point, just relax. We have three very winable games to start the Big 10 schedule. I'd be happy with improved o-line play and winning at least two of the next three. Let's just see what happens before we fire all the coaches, pull scholarships from every one but Decker, and tear down TCF.

GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the o-line is a mess, but when you look at the rest of our schedule, other than Penn State and Ohio State, there isn't a team on the schedule that is vastly superior to us. Why couldn't we win every one of them? They are all going to be tough and if the o-line doesn't improve we may drop more than we win, but I'm not going to drink from the same kool-aid as many on here.

We've played three games folks, and regardless of how we got there, I'm willing to bet that before the season started 85-90% of us would have taken 2-1 going into Evanston. If the o-line makes strides, we'll be just fine. If they don't, we might have to go to Gray more at qb simply because we'll have to have a more mobile qb to survive. In the long run, that might be better anyway.

My overall point, just relax. We have three very winable games to start the Big 10 schedule. I'd be happy with improved o-line play and winning at least two of the next three. Let's just see what happens before we fire all the coaches, pull scholarships from every one but Decker, and tear down TCF.

GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!

I agree, I have been following gopher football since the memorial stadium days and I can be as critical as anyone about this program, especially when it came to Masons terrible defense. For me, I think you need to give a coach 5 yrs. to see how things play out and allow his recruiting to fully take shape especially if the program is moving in the right direction. People are on this site ripping the program after 3 games and a coach who has been here only 3 yrs. The gophers on Saturday were in that game with a top ranked team and had a chance to win it, but unfortunately they didn't. If in a couple of years there still where there at now then I will probably be on this forum ripping the program the same as some of you are doing now, which I think is way premature at this point.

Maybe this is because I avoid reading the more "trollish" blogs, but I don't find people being that negative about the loss. I think most people recognize it was a top 10 program, we fought hard, but eventually lost because we didn't have the talent. It's a process. People might bitch on occasion, but I think most actually realize that.

Yeah, everyone I have talked to as well as the media and the vast majority of blogs/fan posts smell more of optimism than doom/gloom. I came out of this loss with evidence the Gophers can be competitive in a game with ANYONE.

7-5 or 8-4

This teams needs to run the table at home and knock off Northwestern. We'll see what Iowa does at Penn State this week to get a good read on them. I can see a victory over PSU or OSU before a win at Iowa. I really think this is an 8-4 team.

Top Bottom