Lorenzo Harrison medical retirement leaves Terps with possibly no RB experience

swingman

Reaction score
Entering 2020, Harrison was set to potentially be the leading member of a backfield group in serious question. Star rushers Anthony McFarland Jr. and Javon Leake both declared for the NFL Draft, Jake Funk is coming off a season-ending knee injury of his own, and Tayon Fleet-Davis’ status is in doubt after an off-the-field incident late last season.

With Harrison’s departure, the Terps have zero running backs with college experience who are healthy and/or guaranteed to be part of the team entering next season. Mike Locksley signed two high school recruits — Isaiah Jacobs (brother of Oakland Raiders running back Josh Jacobs) and Peny Boone — during the early signing period, while Ebony Jackson is committed but remains unsigned.

Not good, but it's also not the end times to be short on experience at RB.

Is there any program in the Big Ten more of a dumpster fire right now than Maryland?

Rutgers did land the Badger transfer, Cruickshank...he is from NY...but Schiano and Robb have their hands full there.

Running back seems to be the one position at which a true freshman can make the most immediate impact.

I'm still not sure why Maryland isn't better on a regular basis. There's no shortage of talent in that part of the country.

Is there any program in the Big Ten more of a dumpster fire right now than Maryland?
Locksley seems to be an excellent o-coordinator. As a head coach, I think he is the worst in the Big Ten by a long ways. That guy can't run a program. I'm glad Maryland has him.

Schiano, Panagos and staff have been very aggressive in transfer market, landing some highly regarded guys:

In addition to Michigan DT Dwumfour and Cruickshank, Schiano has also landed transfers from Ireland Burke (DT, Boston College), Brendan White (DB/S, Ohio State), Malik Barrow (DT, UCF/OSU) and Peyton Powell (QB, Baylor). The newly-appointed head coach at Rutgers has wasted no time in assembling his roster via the transfer portal.

Schiano, Panagos and staff have been very aggressive in transfer market, landing some highly regarded guys:

In addition to Michigan DT Dwumfour and Cruickshank, Schiano has also landed transfers from Ireland Burke (DT, Boston College), Brendan White (DB/S, Ohio State), Malik Barrow (DT, UCF/OSU) and Peyton Powell (QB, Baylor). The newly-appointed head coach at Rutgers has wasted no time in assembling his roster via the transfer portal.

Yeah, I would think a transfer RB that wanted a wide open opportunity wouldn't shy away from them. RBs have tended to have some decent success at Maryland for the last few years.

Sucks for Harrison. I thought he was the most dynamic RB i saw 2 years ago. In all of CFB.

Top Bottom