Looking For Opinions RE Sec 207 - View of Field & Scoreboard - Sunshine - Concourse

Reaction score
Looking For Opinions RE Sec 207 - View of Field & Scoreboard - Sunshine - Concourse

My Gopher season tickets are in section 233. We don't get much sun during the 11:00 AM games, but I'm happy with the location all in all. For the next two seasons, my Vikings tickets will be in section 207. It's the chairback seating, which is nice, but having never sat on that side of the stadium, I am very curious to know about the following.

- How is the sunshine during early afternoon games? It looks pretty bright which brings up both questions of the heat and the glare.

- How is the view of the main scoreboard?

- How are the lines for concessions and the restroom?

- Does the concourse get congested badly for big games? It seems to narrow quite a bit on the sides.

Thanks to any and all who can provide info. Even if you're not in 207, but are in the neighborhood, it would be great to read your thoughts and opinions.

My Gophers Season Tickets are in Section 103. So, close to where your Vikings season tickets would be.

- How is the sunshine during early afternoon games? It looks pretty bright which brings up both questions of the heat and the glare. - The glare isn't bad if you wear sunglasses on any normal, sunny day. It can get pretty warm being in the sun all day, so prepare accordingly

- How is the view of the main scoreboard? - View of the main scoreboard is good from 103. Have to bend your head a little bit. (I would imagine the view is better in 207. But overall, I have no complaints as I have had opportunities to move my seats and have not.

- How are the lines for concessions and the restroom? - I usually use the facilities/concessions in the "open end" of the stadium and they are typically, less busy anytime before halftime. After that, it's a crap shoot. I would stay away from the beer tents in the open end, especially during Gopher games. Takes forever. I usually go down the steps out of Gate A (I think it is Gate A) to get my adult beverages. Not sure how this will be handled during Vikes games.

- Does the concourse get congested badly for big games? It seems to narrow quite a bit on the sides. - It gets a little congested at halftime or if it is cold out and people are crowded in the concourse to "stay warm", other than that, its great.

Hope some of that helps. :)

I have seats in both sections 237 and 209. There is no question that the seats in 209 are much better and it is usually where I'll sit if given the option between the two sections. (Even though I pay for the tix and they are my seats, I sometimes get aced out by the wife and son... go figure). Anyway, here are some answers to your questions:

- How is the sunshine during early afternoon games? It looks pretty bright which brings up both questions of the heat and the glare.

I've never had a problem with glare. There have been only one or two times where heat was an issue. When it starts to cool, you'll be much happier in 207 than in 233. The sun can be very nice and I swear there is a 10 degree difference between the two sides.

This is the best reason to be on the visitor side toward the open end / big score board. I can't say for sure about 207 but I'm guessing you find the same thing I found out in 209 which is the view of the scoreboard is best from this side of the stadium. Although the scoreboard is turned slightly toward the home side, it is actually closer to the visitor side providing a better view. This is a big deal to me. I'm abosutley convinced that I'll never move out of 209 even it I could get closer to the 50. The closer you move toward the 50, the further you move away from the big screen. I'm on about the 25 yard line and I'm convinced no one has better seats in the stadium. Don't get me wrong, my section 237 seats are great but nothing like my 209 seats.

It's about the same as the home side so I wouldn't make this a consideration.

- Does the concourse get congested badly for big games? It seems to narrow quite a bit on the sides.

Yes, it does get congested at big games but probably the same as the home side. You can't escape the congestion because the fans will always balance out for the most part congestion throughout the stadium.

Anyway, that's my 2-cents.

My Gophers Season Tickets are in Section 103. So, close to where your Vikings season tickets would be.

- How are the lines for concessions and the restroom? - I usually use the facilities/concessions in the "open end" of the stadium and they are typically, less busy anytime before halftime. After that, it's a crap shoot. I would stay away from the beer tents in the open end, especially during Gopher games. Takes forever. I usually go down the steps out of Gate A (I think it is Gate A) to get my adult beverages. Not sure how this will be handled during Vikes games.

For the Gopher Hockey game last Friday, they were selling beer in the concourse in some locations. They also had signs in some of the permanent concessions that said they weren't selling beer. I'm not sure if that meant others were or if they put them up for the first timers.

I would expect beer to be sold in more areas as we move forward.

My Gopher season tickets are in section 233. We don't get much sun during the 11:00 AM games, but I'm happy with the location all in all. For the next two seasons, my Vikings tickets will be in section 207. It's the chairback seating, which is nice, but having never sat on that side of the stadium, I am very curious to know about the following.

Thanks to any and all who can provide info. Even if you're not in 207, but are in the neighborhood, it would be great to read your thoughts and opinions.

We've been in 105 for our season seats. When talking about brightness for noon games, the Nebraska game this year comes to mind. It seemed to be very bright that day (a bit of glare off of the turf), but nothing a cap and shades can't combat.

If you are low enough to the exit, the restrooms and concessions aren't too bad if you hit them right away at quarter breaks before everyone else can get down there. I second what MNGG1 said, that it is pretty nice to be sitting closer to the big screen. Hope that helps a bit!

I'm in 110 and once forgot my shades and ihad to buy a baseball cap to be able to watch the game. I don't worry too much about the glare. Concessions have never been a big problem until this year's Wisconsin game but I think that was because people wanted to warm up.

Thanks for the resposes. Here's one final question. During the cold weather games, does the plastic from the seats get very cold?

Yes this is kind of an absurd question, but despite being a lifelong Minnesotan, my cold weather tolerance/enjoyment is basically nonexistent. So I ask in the interest of preparing for whatever comes.

Thanks for the resposes. Here's one final question. During the cold weather games, does the plastic from the seats get very cold?

Yes this is kind of an absurd question, but despite being a lifelong Minnesotan, my cold weather tolerance/enjoyment is basically nonexistent. So I ask in the interest of preparing for whatever comes.

Not as cold as sitting on a metal bench. But yeah, even plastic gets cold. Buy some of that foil insulation and cut a square about the size of your seat and all will be fine. Otherwise, you can always sit on one of the toilets and listen to the play by play. The bathrooms are always pretty warm;-)

Top Bottom