Looking ahead to the Indiana game

Gold Rush

Reaction score
The Hoosiers just might have had THE most disappointing team in the NCAA this season. They were actually ranked in the preseason Top 20 and have found themselves with an 0-7 Big Ten record and 2-8 season record. It's been a rough year. They lost by 5 to Michigan St and 3 to Maryland but have only scored 10 points the last 2 weeks, including only 3 to Rutgers last week.

This is Senior Day down in Indiana and I expect them to play better than they did last week. They will try to salvage this against a team that has lost to Bowling Green and Illinois this season so they figure they just might have a chance. The best thing the Gophers could possibly do is hit them in the mouth as hard as they can early and take the fight right out of them. If they can get up on them early they just might fold and make it an easy game. And of course the WORST thing the Gophers could do is let them in the game and make a game of it. Then the Hoosiers will go all out and play their best game of the season and we do not want that!!!

The Gophers are favored by 6.5 but traditionally have not played well in Bloomington. They are only 3-16 going all the way back to 1968 and have only won 2 of the last 10 games going back to 1985. Our record should be way better than that against this program which has struggled in the past so Fleck and the Gophers can not take this game for granted. This team should not take ANY team for granted after the painful losses to Bowling Green and Illinois. The fact they were preseason top 20 alone should tell you they do have some talent to respect.

If I were the Gophers I would take the positives from the game the week before against Iowa. Sure, we lost but they played hard and did do some good things, particularly in their running game. Ky Thomas looks like a legitimate Big Ten running back with an exciting future. The Gophers need to play with a similar effort as they did against Iowa and some of their other wins and they should do just fine. Anything less though and it leaves the door wide open for another loss to a team they should be able to beat.

Prediction:
Gophers : 24 Indiana : 17

who's playing QB for Indiana? If it's the same guy as last week, there's no reason we shouldn't plaster this team and hold them to 10 or less .

If the D gives up double digit points in this game, I might be calling for both coordinator's heads!

Top Bottom