Little sneak peak of the student athlete gifts this yearđź‘€

So, a number of years back, the NCAA stepped in and started limiting the amount of swag a player can receive to a certain dollar amount, and the rule book states that they player may not sell any bowl swag.

In the age of NIL, I think it's time to dump those rules.

If we're going to have the wild west, let's have be wild.

So, a number of years back, the NCAA stepped in and started limiting the amount of swag a player can receive to a certain dollar amount, and the rule book states that they player may not sell any bowl swag.

If they really want to give the kids money they could find a way to do it outside bowl game swag.

I don't think the bowl games care or need to do that anyhow.

I agree. Whatever motivated bowls to pony up enough swag to concern the NCAA years back, would certainly be motivating still today. Let's see them outdo one another if they want. I have zero issues with players reaping the spoils of their labor.

That Amazon gift card, how much? Maybe enough for a torque wrench after Quick Lane overtightens your bolts and nuts to 250 pound feet.

It's funny how headphones is the ubiquitous football athlete gift.
Crab probably has enough pairs of headphones from his time at the U to open a Best Buy, or at least roll up to you in a parking lot with “goods”

I want to see some wedding registry gifts at bowls. What the seniors really need is that Williams Sonoma waffle iron for when the honeys come over after college

Crab probably has enough pairs of headphones from his time at the U to open a Best Buy, or at least roll up to you in a parking lot with “goods”

I want to see some wedding registry gifts at bowls. What the seniors really need is that Williams Sonoma waffle iron for when the honeys come over after college
Haha. Crab's headphones from his first bowl game swag were wired, that's how long he's been receiving the gifts...

A Valvoline forgot to put oil in my brothers car a couple months back. 12 miles later......destroyed engine.
Wonder how many engines they replace each month.

Top Bottom