Little Brown Jug thoughts from former Michigan coach

hutchster

Reaction score
near the end of a BTN interview with former Michigan coach Lloyd Carr, he gets animated when the importance of the Jug is questioned. "It's the oldest trophy in college football, START with that! It is a game that means everything to both teams. When you don't have the jug in Ann Arbor, you miss it. You LOVE that jug. That jug was used back in 1909 to inspire our players. You haven't seen the jug! It's not a cup, it's a jug! It's a trophy!" http://www.bigtennetwork.com/videos/michigan.asp

Even though Michigan has owned the Jug for the past 30+ years, it is good to see the Michigan players and coaches still understand the importance of it and still get excited about it.

That a boy Jordan make him respect the hornets!
hornet2.png

Even though Michigan has owned the Jug for the past 30+ years, it is good to see the Michigan players and coaches still understand the importance of it and still get excited about it.

We just had it a few years ago...

I stopped watching mid-way through the fourth quarter, but I'm sure we had it in 2003....

Yeah, we had a huge lead - I don't blame you for quit watching. I mean we were up 28 in the 4th with a ball control offense... :p

Hopefully, somebody catches my sarcasm.

"You haven't seen the jug! It's not a cup, it's a jug!"

Sounds like something from Spinal Tap. Seriously Michigan coaches should love the Jug. It is a historic trophy that they win 90% of the time.

Once or twice in the past 30 years really is not a lot to brag about...nice to get, but...

Yes it is 75% historically. However, since I have been alive it is 35-3 Michigan. That is actually over 90%.

That is a very sad statistic, I am not sure any other conference rivalry can match that.

Yes it is 75% historically. However, since I have been alive it is 35-3 Michigan. That is actually over 90%.

That is a very sad statistic, I am not sure any other conference rivalry can match that.

so now historical rivalries only apply to when said observer was alive?! huh? sorry, but that doesn't make any sense.

I'm alright with the rivalry, just wish the win column was a little more competitive and balanced on the Gophers side. Last year was probably their best chance to regain the jug but they forgot to play the game and Michigan played like a BCS bowl berth depended on the outcome.

so now historical rivalries only apply to when said observer was alive?! huh? sorry, but that doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, don't you remember what GVFadger said? I haven't been alive for any of Minnesota's national championships, so they don't count.

That was the day I learned of the "only things that happened on or since 3/1/80 are relevant" clause.

Yeah, we had a huge lead - I don't blame you for quit watching. I mean we were up 28 in the 4th with a ball control offense... :p

Hopefully, somebody catches my sarcasm.

We were never up 28 points anytime in the game.......

Top Bottom