Linebackers

ncgo4

Reaction score
The Pioneer Press reported that Cooper is practicing a lot with the first team (along side Lawrence and Campbell and not just in a 3-4 set up). This seems surprising given Triplett's production this year. Is he (Triplett) injured or is this just a reflection of Keanon's talent level?

I think they are planning to try Tripplet at running back this week!

I think they are planning to try Tripplet at running back this week!

There's your answer to all your RB concerns gold. Maybe they should move McKinley, Brown and Small to the OL and cure all our OL issues! :rolleyes:

If I recall, Triplett had some injury last week, but I think it was just cramping. I assume they are all going to play.

I heard on KFAN (gasp!) this morning that Triplett actually tweaked his hamstring against Cal. It IS injury related.

Tune to KFAN for all your Gopher needs. ;)

Bayfield,

I'm sure Tripplet could not be as slow as our running backs have been this year.

I think it probably has more to do with the fact that Keanon is faster than Tripplet which is what we are going to need against a pass heavy offense.

The Pioneer Press reported that Cooper is practicing a lot with the first team (along side Lawrence and Campbell and not just in a 3-4 set up). This seems surprising given Triplett's production this year. Is he (Triplett) injured or is this just a reflection of Keanon's talent level?

From what I read it may be due to them probably employing more of a 3-4 defensive scheme to cope with NW's passing game.:party:

Hard to believe Triplet is being replaced by Cooper after the way he played in the first three games. A common misconception is that he's slow, which he's not. In fact Triplet is VERY fast. Maybe not Keenan Cooper fast but he's very fast for a linebacker. If they want to work Cooper into the plans more because NW is pass happy that makes sense, but I suspect he did tweak a hammy or something if Cooper is practicing with the first team.

Love Cooper, more power to the guy. He is fast and hits like a ton of bricks. It also seems to me that for a red-shirt freshman he is extremely savvy when it comes to reading and making plays.

I'd like to see the gophers try to get the underclassmen in as many times as they think they can get away with. This is a spot where we could easily roll into next year with very little experience.

Top Bottom