Liam Robbins 1st Team All SEC

we should've paid his uncle more to stay on our bench...

liam.JPG
3.2 blocks per game while averaging 15 pts on ~37% 3pt shooting & 74% from the stripe...damn

We would officially be big man U.

I believe Kobe Brown was the kid who did that little video documentary thing on his official visit here a few years ago.

Robbins, Carr, Kalscheur, Mashburn, all playing for the Gophers this year. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like. Oh well, time to stop dreaming, we got what we got.
Payne, JOJ, BC and Ike in a few years.

Robbins, Carr, Kalscheur, Mashburn, all playing for the Gophers this year. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like. Oh well, time to stop dreaming, we got what we got.
Damien Johnson still playing for Depaul.

I assume you mean Brandon Johnson? If so he graduated last year. Would have fit in like peas and carrots with our squad last year.
Yes I did mean Brandon and it was another Johnson playing for Depaul, my bad.

You watched them and they finished 6-14. They also clearly didn't like playing basketball together for whatever reason.

You watched them and they finished 6-14. They also clearly didn't like playing basketball together for whatever reason.
You can certainly argue they shouldn't have taken as big a dive as they did, but Gabe Kalscheur was out for the last 6 regular season games, and Liam Robbins was out for the last 4, right as the schedule was starting to ease up, with games against sub-.500 overall Indiana, Penn State, Northwestern, and Nebraska teams. We were also supposed to play Nebraska earlier in the season when we were at full strength, but it got rescheduled due to COVID on Nebraska's end. Even still, we lost to Nebraska by 4 with Carr putting up 41 points, and lost in overtime to Rutgers. Losing at home to Northwestern and getting crushed by Penn State and Illinois was a bad look though. We probably still should have had the talent to avoid that.

You think that was more on the players or the coaching staff? I don't think there was much dispute about those guys being solid individual players. The coach couldn't coach them and was dismissed.

You think that was more on the players or the coaching staff? I don't think there was much dispute about those guys being solid individual players. The coach couldn't coach them and was dismissed.
Pitino was good at bringing in pieces but for whatever reason they never seemed to work well together.

Always felt like his teams were right on the verge of being really good but something always seemed to get in the way and keep it from happening.

That was the thing that was so encouraging in Ben's first year is that he assembled a bunch of guys that worked really well together but was just super shorthanded in the front court in large part due to injury.

Going into year 3, he will have some young pieces to build around if he can just go out and find the right guys in the portal to make it all come together. If he can't we are probably in the market for a new coach at this time next year.

Top Bottom