Let's get some score predictions...

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
I'll go USC 34 Gophs 17. Like to see what some of you guys here think.

Current Line: USC -20.5. Over/Under: 51.5. Both bets at -110.

28-20, USC. I see the Gophs playing ball control & a little conservatively, but not nearly as ridiculous as last year's USC game. The X-factor that could change the outcome is MG's legs.

I see gophers losing by 14. I think they'll do some things offensively but I think USC will make the right adjustments.

USC scores 4 touchdowns, but Gophers match that and add a late 48 yard field goal for the upset.
Gophers 31
Trojans 28

I'll be there, so I'm positive we won't win.... I'll say 34-14 Trojans.

This is difficult...USC is talented...wont take us lightly with how tough we played them last year and they know we will be better. If history is any indicator, Gophers give up points in return game and with some turnovers...what I wish would be 27-24 Gophers...what my gut tells me is more likely to be 31-10 USC.

Definitely looking forward to the game. My homer abilities are gonna go with the Gophers on this one. Seriously thinking about taking the odds on this game.

Final Score: Gophers 34 The other team 29

Predictions of interest:
* USC offense starts off early. At some point in the 1st quarter the Gophers realize they can win this game.

* Player of the game: Royston
* The Gophers rush for over 250 yards
* 2 Sacks by the gophers and a lot of hurries.
* Minnesota is the tougher team in the second half and it shows in the 4th quarter.

better team 2nd year in their system against a team in the first game of their new system.

USC 35
Minnesota 10

I reserve the right to edit this before the game since it's early.

I'm going to say Gophs lose 23-17.
We'll hold a lead at some point, Gray will impress at some point and disappoint at others.
Likely the game will be within reach until late, 2 field goals in the last 5 minutes of the game seal it for SC.

Oh, I'll go for irrational exuberance. 31-28 Gophers. Minnesota catches USC napping, and scores 2 first quarter TD's. USC leads late in the 4th, but the Gophers get a break on a long TD pass to win.

My only prediction is that somehow, some way, this turns into a Maturi thread.

I'm waiting for Huskers post the score late next week to make my pick

My only prediction is that somehow, some way, this turns into a Maturi thread.

Would Mason have a better effort against USC than Brew did?

gun-to-head.jpg

If JKill can gameplan similar to the NIU/UofM game then it could mirrior last years UofM/NIU result. this year, whoever hits 40 first wins.

35-21

I think we lead at some point, but I think their speed outmatches us. Better athletes usually trump when neither team is at mid-season form. My upset game of the year: Minnesota 27 Nebraska 24

Having no basis to go on I'll take the Gophers 27-24. The defense forces USC to settle for a FG, just before halftime, and it comes back to bite USC. The Gophers score in all three phases of the game while the Trojans OL shows that it is still a work in progress. It won't be decided until the defense snuffs out a late 4th Qtr drive as time expires.

Top Bottom